Do you have an oven to sell? Are you hiring a head baker? Post a classified ad on this page and reach a wide audience – each month our website is viewed by thousands of visitors who are involved in baking.
We regret that we cannot accept display ads.
Website ads will be posted within two working days after payment has been received. Ads are listed in chronological order, with the most recent ads at the top of the page
Please e-mail your ad copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Logos and photos should be sent as attachments in jpg format. We will then provide you with a cost quote and a payment form.
To view the rates for placing a classifed ad, click here.
Search the Classifieds
To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
An established commercial bakery located in Toronto, Canada, is looking to hire a Master Baker.
Baketree, established over 17 years ago, requires an energetic, highly motivated, self-driven individual. This candidate must have minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial bakery environment with knowledge of sweet doughs and breads. The successful candidate will be reasonable for all R&D, QC, and troubleshooting.
RESUME IS A MUST. Please email email@example.com or send to:
315 Flint Rd
Toronto, ON M3 J2J
Head Bread Baker
Are you looking for a change and ready to move to a beautiful, sunny, affordable city with a fantastic, growing food scene?
Butcher & Bee in Charleston, SC, is looking for a Head Bread Baker.
We are a nationally recognized restaurant with a beautiful, purpose-built, in-house baking kitchen featuring equipment such as Miwe deck ovens, a roll-in rack oven, Doyon retarder-proofers, separate shaping and baking rooms, and the space and support to make gorgeous food. We will be opening our retail in-house bakery soon, and we currently supply other outstanding Charleston restaurants and cafes with our bread and pastries, including our sister cafe, The Daily.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
- Our bread and pastry teams are led by Cynthia Wong, a three-time semifinalist for the James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef.
- We our proud of our family atmosphere, free of substance abuse, macho kitchen antics, and massive egos.
- Team work is #1. We share the common goal of mutual success, supporting each others' accomplishments and encouraging each other through tough days.
If you believe that being humble is an essential part of learning, living, and improving your craft, you will love working with us.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- This is a salaried, hands-on, working, managerial position, with benefits such as health care, matching 3% contributions to a simple IRA, paid vacation, and educational opportunities. Pay is competitive and based on experience.
- Bake baguettes, ciabatta, lobster rolls, burger buns, levain, pita.
- Lead a bakery team of 2-3 assistants with a positive management style
- Work under the guidance of Executive Pastry Chef/Bakery Manager
- Mix and shape doughs using artisan techniques
- Create new hearth breads for wholesale and retail sales with an exceptional amount of support and creative control
Daily bakery cleaning duties, including weekly deep clean
- Have a minimum of 3 years artisan baking experience.
- Have a driver's license and reliable transportation
- Be excited, passionate, and educated about food and life
- Be a friendly, open team player who can lead and follow a lead.
- Be able to take constructive criticism and work to improve your craft
Early morning hours
This is a fantastic opportunity for a young, bright baker to make his or her mark on Charleston's exciting, developing food scene. Our awesome city offers affordable living, beautiful beaches, wonderful sunshine, good schools and decent traffic.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you want to be a part of our team.
Baking & Pastry Arts Faculty Member Position Vacancy
Paul Smith’s College, a private, teaching-focused, career-oriented undergraduate institution, is committed to experiential learning that blends theory, practice, small classes, and individual attention. Located just minutes from northern New York’s world-class resort destination of Lake Placid and the Olympic region, the College has a long and distinguished history of excellence in higher education in hospitality and the culinary arts.
Paul Smith’s College seeks candidates for a full-time, academic-year appointment to the faculty in baking & pastry arts, School of Commercial, Applied and Liberal Arts. The successful candidate will be a talented baking & pastry arts professional with a passion for college-level teaching and learning. Strong interpersonal skills are a must, as are the abilities to work well on teams and to communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and external constituencies. Academic rank is open and will be determined by qualifications and experience.
To learn more about this position visit http://www.paulsmiths.edu/humanresources/project/baking-pastry-arts-faculty/
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com
Baking School Principal / Instructor
Zingerman’s Bakehouse in Ann Arbor, Michigan is hiring a full-time Principal / Instructor for BAKE!
Join BAKE! our hands-on teaching bakery where eight of us teach over 50 different bread and pastry classes to thousands of students annually. At BAKE! we share our knowledge and love of baking with the home baker community, seeking to preserve baking traditions and inspire new ones.
The BAKE! Principal / Instructor will be the primary administrator and teacher for the baking school. In addition, this position will provide direct supervision and leadership to BAKE! staff. The Principal will also support and supervise class design, hire, and train all support staff, and actively participate in business development for the school.
To learn more about this position and apply, visit https://zingermans.applicantpool.com/jobs/83431.html
Artisan Bread Baker & Pastry Baker
Come live in a great city with a fun name - KALAMAZOO! – and amazing, friendly people! Forty-five minutes from Lake Michigan, two hours from Chicago and Detroit, with a vibrant culture. This is an opportunity to be part of a creative, changing, growing, and passionate food organization celebrating 22 years of promoting local food made by hand, using sustainable local foods with great taste.
After four years of creating and executing our own bread program, we are developing our bakery to pursue potential expansion opportunities and seeking to bring people onto our team who share our passion, drive, and work ethic.
Food Dance operates a small, high-quality bakery that services our 220-seat restaurant, specialty food market, seasonal farmers market booth, and wholesale accounts. We use natural leavening, long fermentation and hand-shaping for our breads, along with a vast array of other pastries and cakes.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include free staff meals, PTO, health/dental insurance, fitness benefits, and opportunities to participate in Huddles, Annual Planning, and decision-making for an open-book business.
Please apply online at www.fooddance.net.
Assistant Head Baker/Artisan Baker Leads
Izzio Artisan Bakery is an American-style artisan bread bakery in Colorado, founded in 1998 and specializing in long-fermentation breads, exceedingly wet dough, and simple, all-natural ingredients. The owners of Izzio sold their gluten-free bakeries to Boulder Brands in 2012 and have invested heavily in the national expansion of the Izzio brand and its unique, full-flavored artisan breads through frozen distribution channels. Currently, Izzio Artisan Bakery goods are sold in 15 different states.
We are looking for Assistant Head Baker/Artisan Baker Leads. This position is responsible for hands on management of our artisan bread production team and ensures our team is producing the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Mentors, develops, and coaches associates by creating a collaborative work environment while ensuring food safety, GMPs, and process controls are being followed while meeting quality standards.
- Manages the production team leads and team members in the manufacture of multiple lines of artisan bread.
- Maintains accurate bread formulas.
- Hires, trains, supervises and schedules a crew of bakers with varying degrees of experience in the bakery.
- Tracks key indicators of the production team's performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, and labor costs and communicates these indicators to the team for further action
- Organizes production activities in timely and cost-effective fashion to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met
- A minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, supervisory experience in a bakery or food production environment or related industry.
- Extremely knowledgeable about bread science, baker’s percentage, formula development, working with wet doughs, slow fermentation, and alternative grains.
- Strong prior experience in all facets of processing (mixing, shaping, and baking) in a high volume artisan bakery and working knowledge of Artisan bread making methodology.
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc.
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards such as AIB (American Institute of Baking)
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or off shift hours
We value our employees' time and efforts. We offer a competitive salary and a benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K plan, and future growth opportunities within the company.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baker's Assistant - Resurgens Hospitality Group
Award-winning restaurant group in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a talented and ambitious Baker's Assistant who shares in our passion for impeccable culinary standards.
As the Baker's Assistant, you will assist in the production of all baked goods from our commissary kitchen. You will work closely with the Head Baker to support the vision of each restaurant.
It is the expectation that you uphold company standards at all times, and maintain a consistent approach to fostering an orderly environment while training and supervising other kitchen professionals. You will also ensure that all products leaving the kitchen are checked for quality, presentation, and proper temperature.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 2+ years' experience in pastry/bakery preparation position in a restaurant or production kitchen environment
- Degree from accredited culinary/pastry program a plus
- Excellent communication, teamwork, leadership and math skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Commitment to quality service and food and beverage knowledge
- Good organization skills
- Ability to train and teach
Appreciation of our current context in the scope of culinary history and current trends
If you share in our passion, please email resume and references to email@example.com
Head Baker - New High-End Patisserie, NYC
Looking for a talented Head Baker for a new patisserie and dessert bar in New York City.
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a name in the industry, as well as a great opportunity for growth. Working under a young Michelin-starred pastry chef, the right baker will have full license to create his or her own bread program.
Please contact Jessica Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-641-7518.
posted 5/19/16; revised 5/23/16
King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vermont, is hiring a Baker Specialist for their Baker’s Hotline.
This role, based within the larger scope of Customer Support, acts as the "go to" resource for our customers and all of their baking adventures (and mis-adventures). Daily responsibilities include corresponding with and engaging King Arthur Flour customers through multiple channels: phone, mail, online chat, email, and social media. Within Customer Support, the Baker Specialist also supports the CS team in any capacity necessary, including handling customer orders, responding to customer inquiries, and related duties.
The Baker Specialist will also continue to expand his/her baking knowledge through involvement with other departments and areas of the company.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Head Pastry Chef and Artisan Bakers
Estelle’s Patisserie is a French-inspired bakery located in the heart of downtown Sacramento. We value tradition, produce only the highest quality baked goods, and readily embrace innovation and creativity.
We are seeking a Head Pastry Chef and artisan bakers with a passion for craftsmanship. We are opening a new retail location and hiring all levels, both part-time and full-time.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Artisan Bakers
Grateful Bread Company, a family-owned and operated, rapidly growing wholesale artisan bakery, is looking for committed bakers who want to grow with us and make custom handmade artisan breads and pastries for the best chefs in Denver and Boulder.
Room for advancement for the right candidate. Attention to detail needed for creating authentic, all-natural, 100% handmade artisan breads and pastries from scratch, every day, with no shortcuts for Denver's best restaurants and hotels (including all of the 2013, 2014, 2105 & 2106 Denver James Beard award semifinalists and Denver’s only James Beard award-winning chef).
Grounded in artisan philosophy and focused on quality above all else, we are committed to using only the finest natural, organic, and locally sourced ingredients, including organic whole grain flours milled in-house with our Osttiroler stone mill. We’re the only bakery of our size in Denver making every single piece of bread entirely by hand. We’d rather maintain our quality than rush the process with a lot of chemical and mechanical shortcuts. Once you start using machines to shape the bread instead of your hands, you stop being a true artisan bakery. And our artisan philosophy is at the heart of our bakery - we wouldn’t be who we are without it.
We use a different starter for nearly every different type of dough, carefully maintaining over 10 different starters on any given day (including our 15-year-old natural sourdough starter), which is what gives our breads their unique character and flavor.
Our guiding philosophy is uncompromising dedication to quality, maintaining the integrity of the artisan process, using only the very best all-natural ingredients, and creating an environment for artisan bakers to thrive. We remain true to our core principles, even when it’s not the most economically feasible thing to do, but we have happy customers and happy employees, so that’s the bottom line for us.
We recently won the 2015 Colorado Companies to Watch award, were voted Best Bakery/Savory 2016 by Westword, won both Readers’ and Editors’ Choice awards for Westword’s Best Bread 2015, and won Editors’ Choice award for Best Bread in 5280’s 2014 awards.
Please visit our website at www.gratefulbread.com for interviews and articles about our bakery.
Please email your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Pay based on experience. No phone calls, please.
Bread Shift Supervisor Position Opening
Pekara Bakehouse specializes in traditional European-style artisan breads, with a focus on long fermentation and hand-forming, located in Champaign, IL. We do not take any shortcuts, and all products are made by hand with the finest ingredients.
Pekara Bakehouse is in need of a shift supervisor for our bread department. This full-time position would entail supervision of other workers during shifts when our general manager isn’t on duty, as well as mixing doughs from recipes and baking both sliced bread loaves and artisan loaves.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience with commercial scratch baking, though the only must-have is a passion for baking as well as reliability and desire to produce the highest-quality products. We are willing to train the right candidate in our techniques and methods.
Compensation depends on experience.
- Passion and creativity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for 8 hours
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other open positions include cake decorators and pastry chefs.
Bread Department Manager
Park Avenue Bakery is located in Helena, Montana, and is a locally owned, European-style bakery that specializes in artisan breads, breakfast pastries, and desserts. The bakery also features espresso and coffee beverages, as well as daily lunch specials.
We are looking for an experienced person to head our bread department. The right candidate must have 3+ years as a bread baker and a thorough knowledge of the process from start to finish, including mixing, shaping, scoring, and baking.
- Must know baker's percentage and product development
- Must have a strong work ethic, strong leadership skills, and be able to work as part of a team
- Must be organized and efficient
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 8 hours
Able to lift 50 lbs
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Professional Journeyman Baker Position – Utica, NY
Utica Bread is a European-style bakery in downtown Utica, specializing in the production of the highest quality handmade breads, viennoiserie, and pastry. The main focus of Utica Bread is to offer a high-quality line of artisan breads and rolls to the retail and wholesale markets of Central New York. Additionally, Utica Bread offers a limited food service menu, focused on utilizing our product line in a creative menu offering.
Utica Bread is seeking a full-time professional or journeyman baker. Experience in a high quality, hands on production bakery is a must. All breads are produced from scratch, and by hand and therefore experience in a scratch bakery is desired.
Beneficial, but not mandatory skills/requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a production bakery is very beneficial.
- Applicants should have a high level of motivation to work hard in a fast-paced environment, and should take a great deal of pride in taking part in the production of extremely high-quality European style breads.
- Proficiency in metric weights and measures, as well as conversion to standard measure is a necessity.
Experience with long fermentations, sourdough and preferments such as pâte fermentée, poolish, and levain are quality skill sets for applicants.
This is a full-time, salaried position, offering a set schedule, with 2 days off per week. Applicants should be prepared to work bakers’ hours, with shifts beginning anywhere from 11 pm to 2 am.
Are you a proud and passionate baker and lover of bread? Do you seek a career with an up-and-coming bakery on the forefront of the revitalization of downtown Utica?
To apply for this position, EMAIL ONLY - firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, or in-person applications will be accepted.
Applicants MUST include:
- Letter of intent, expressing your key attributes pertaining to the above criteria.
- Professional resume.
No less than 3 professional references.
Artisan Bread Baker
PB Boulangerie Bistro in South Wellfleet, MA, is actively seeking an artisan bread baker. We bake traditional breads - baguette traditional, bâtard, pain de mie - as well as popular variations like olive and rosemary, noix and raisin, and cranberry.
The ideal candidate should be able to bake bread from start to finish:
- Mix the dough, following recipes
- Shape, score, and bake the loaves
- Understand and use the equipment provided on-site, such as mixer, divider, proofer, oven.
This is a full-time position, available immediately.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Evergrain Bread Company is looking for a full-time bread baker. We are a small artisan bakery in Chestertown, Maryland, passionate about producing traditional European bread and pastry.
After five years of developing our business, we are pursuing potential expansion opportunities and seeking to bring people onto our team who share our passion, drive, and work ethic. This position is integral to the functionality of our growing bakery and will play a crucial role as we pursue expansion.
Day-to-day operations will include:
- Mixing, shaping and baking of all bread
- Maintaining inventory
- Overseeing assistant bakers and daily production
- Assisting in developing and adjusting bread formulas
- Effectively communicating with other departments
- Training any future bread baker hires
The right candidate will possess all of these things:
- A passion for bread and baking and a knowledge base of the industry
- Commitment to dependability and honesty
- Enthusiasm towards working with others
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Desire to learn our business and product and participate in helping us grow
- Ability to multi-task and manage a fast-paced environment
- An unwavering positive attitude
- Able to be on feet for 8+ hours and lift 50+ lbs
Please send your resume to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bread Production Manager
For 16 years, Main Street Bread Commissary is a successful and continuously growing production bakery with numerous international and domestic wholesale accounts. We are perfectly located in the North Texas dynamic and friendly suburb of Grapevine, TX.
Within 10mn driving distance of the 9th world’s busiest airports, we developed through the years a strong partnership with Airlines and provide them daily high-quality products for First Class & Business. We also supply high end hotel brands, local renowned restaurants, coffee shops and all retail stores of the Main Street Bistro & Bakery Family. (ww.themainbakery.com)
This Position is for a senior level baker/manager who can collaborate with the GM to produce existing recipes as well as develop new ones. This position will be responsible for any and all things related to bread and viennoiserie including all related training.
Skills and Experience
- Complete understanding of baker’s math and time and temperature control in doughs
- Understanding of slow fermentation techniques and various grain based doughs
- Thorough knowledge of classic and modern Viennoiserie
- Experience developing new recipes for both retail and wholesale accounts
- Proven track record of developing exceptional teams/You must lead by example
- Possess a strong work ethic, have an almost excessive attention to detail, and be willing to do whatever it takes to get this job done
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Full time salaried position with compensation commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
- Relocation assistance available
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter explaining why you are the right and “perfect” candidate
- Three professional references
Pastry Baker (Level II)
This baker will work predominantly in the pastry parts of the Bakery. Experience in both bread and pastry production is preferred. Ongoing training within the Bakery is available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Knowledge of ingredients and a sense of how locally sourced foods add to the final product
- Ability to produce Viennoiserie, cakes, creams, cookies, etc. with consistent high quality, from ingredient scaling through baking and finishing.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, standard commercial baking equipment
- Bakery administration as necessary (duties may include product ordering, maintenance of ingredient pars)
Ability to quickly and accurately sort and organize many special orders for multiple accounts
- Experience working in a hands-on production bakery is preferred
Experience working in a high production bakery is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8-hour shift
Stamina to work quickly and accurately in a busy production bakery.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Desire to produce consistent, high-quality bakery products
- Flexibility with scheduling:
- Availability to work different shifts to help with scheduling and absence coverage
- Availability to work weekends
- Ability to interact well with others (team members, customers, etc.) in all situations
- Ability to multitask
- Team player:
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work well in a group under pressure
- Willing to share space, ingredients and equipment with coworkers during production
- Willing to do the dishes and sanitize bakery
- A desire for continuously improving baking skills
- Infectious enthusiasm for baking
Applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bakery Sous Chef
Thomas Keller’s highly acclaimed French-inspired bakery, Bouchon, located in New York, is seeking a Bakery Sous Chef to assist in the facilitation of all aspects of bread production for our restaurants, bakeries, and wholesale accounts.
As the Bakery Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Baker in providing support and direction on all facets of daily bread production, quality control, and technique, while leading a team of culinary professionals. Strong mentoring and coaching skills required, accompanied by organizational efficiencies. The experienced individual will possess 4 years of progressive leadership experience in a multi-unit operation. Position will be housed in New York, NY.
Please apply online at http://www.thomaskeller.com or send your letter of motivation and resume to: email@example.com.
Camino Bakery is a small, family-run business in the friendly, small city of Winston-Salem, NC. We’re looking for a bread baker who shares our commitment to baking beautiful, delicious food from scratch.
The qualities we’re looking for in this baker include:
- A passion for and knowledge of all aspects of artisan bread, including baking naturally leavened as well as yeasted breads and creating laminated pastries.
- A positive attitude, great work ethic, and friendly team spirit; good taste in music is a bonus, although listening to Radiolab or baseball may be acceptable alternatives.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs of flour repeatedly, be on your feet for 8+ hours, and climb a 5-ft ladder.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional baking experience. Culinary degree not required but is a plus.
If you have those qualities and would like to work with people who believe in having fun together, treating each other with dignity, and obsessing over food, send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bread Baker – Colectivo Coffee/Troubadour Bakery, Milwaukee, WI
Founded in 1993, Colectivo Coffee has grown from a roaster in a small warehouse to an award-winning coffee company and collection of best-in-craft products. In addition to roasting coffee at the highest level, we also operate Troubadour Bakery, delivering a range of hand-made foods, artisan breads and scratch-baked goodies. Our family of distinct cafes continues to grow, each unique in design and experience - garnering numerous architectural awards and national recognition. Our Letterbox Tea, Colectivo Keg Company beer, specialty chocolates, and curated mix of artful items bring together a collective brand experience unlike any other retailer in our industry.
The Troubadour Bakery is looking for a Bread Baker. The Bread Baker produces artisan breads and artisan laminated pastries. Specific responsibilities include accurately following formulas in the preparation of all dough, shaping and scoring loaves, and assuring all finished baked products meet quality standards. The ideal candidate is able to develop and maintain effective working relationships, work quickly and efficiently, and is able to learn quickly.
Colectivo is an EEO/M/F/V/H employer. We offer benefits, including vacation time, health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, a bicycle commuter benefit program, and free coffee products and discounted food/retail products. If interested in applying, please fill out an application online at www.colectivocoffee.com/careers.