Do you have an oven to sell? Are you hiring a head baker? Post a classified ad on this page and reach a wide audience – each month our website is viewed by thousands of visitors who are involved in baking.
We regret that we cannot accept display ads.
Website ads will be posted within two working days after payment has been received. Classified ads will be posted for 90 days.
Ads are listed in chronological order, with the most recent ads at the top of the page
Please e-mail your ad copy to us at email@example.com. Logos and photos should be sent as attachments in jpg format. We will then provide you with a cost quote and a payment form.
To view the rates for placing a classifed ad, click here.
If no ads are listed in any category, please check back later.
Search the Classifieds
To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Experienced Baking Industry Professionals
Turano Baking Company is a family-owned and operated specialty baking company that produces a variety of full and par-baked breads and rolls that are delivered daily to customers throughout the nation. Turano Baking Company’s products range from European, French, and Italian breads to high-speed, premium breads, buns, and rolls.
We are a growing, career-oriented company seeking experienced, motivated individuals with a solid industry background who are willing to work in an established bakery operation.
We are currently searching for:
- Production / Packaging Supervisors – Bolingbrook, IL
- Maintenance Supervisor – Berwyn & Bolingbrook, IL; Orlando, FL
- Maintenance Mechanics – Berwyn & Bolingbrook, IL; Orlando, FL; Villa Rica, GA
- Certified Master Baker – Berwyn, IL
- Production Manager – Berwyn, IL
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Artisan Bakers
Grateful Bread Company, a family-owned and operated, rapidly growing wholesale artisan bakery, is looking for committed bakers who want to grow with us and make custom handmade artisan breads and pastries for the best chefs in Denver and Boulder.
Room for advancement for the right candidate. Attention to detail needed for creating authentic, all-natural, 100% handmade artisan breads and pastries from scratch, every day, with no shortcuts for Denver's best restaurants and hotels (including all of the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Denver James Beard award semifinalists and Denver’s only James Beard award-winning chef).
Grounded in artisan philosophy and focused on quality above all else, we are committed to using only the finest natural, organic, and locally sourced ingredients, including organic whole grain flours milled in-house with our Osttiroler stone mill. We’re the only bakery of our size in Denver making every single piece of bread entirely by hand. We’d rather maintain our quality than rush the process with a lot of chemical and mechanical shortcuts. Once you start using machines to shape the bread instead of your hands, you stop being a true artisan bakery. And our artisan philosophy is at the heart of our bakery - we wouldn’t be who we are without it.
We use a different starter for nearly every different type of dough, carefully maintaining over 10 different starters on any given day (including our 15-year-old natural sourdough starter), which is what gives our breads their unique character and flavor.
Our guiding philosophy is uncompromising dedication to quality, maintaining the integrity of the artisan process, using only the very best all-natural ingredients, and creating an environment for artisan bakers to thrive. We remain true to our core principles, even when it’s not the most economically feasible thing to do, but we have happy customers and happy employees, so that’s the bottom line for us.
We recently won the 2015 Colorado Companies to Watch award, were voted Best Bakery/Savory 2016 by Westword, won both Readers’ and Editors’ Choice awards for Westword’s Best Bread 2015, and won Editors’ Choice award for Best Bread in 5280’s 2014 awards.
Please visit our website at www.gratefulbread.com for interviews and articles about our bakery.
Please email your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Pay based on experience. No phone calls, please.
Bread Baker - Washington, D.C. Area
A BAKED JOINT is quickly rising to the top of the WDC bread scene. The Washington Post recently named us Best Bakery!
We are seeking an experienced full-time Bread Baker to join our team.
- At least one year experience making naturally leavened hearth breads by hand (mixing, shaping).
- Have the ability to work alone to produce breads that meet our standards of quality.
- Knowledgeable about the baker’s percentage and formula development.
- Willingness to work early mornings and/or evening shifts and weekends.
- Able to receive constructive criticism and continually strive to improve.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Baker / Bakery Manager
The Joule in downtown Dallas, TX, is looking for exceptional candidates to join our culinary team! We are creating the most exciting hospitality experience in the city's urban center, and we are seeking fun, professional individuals who have a passion for providing unparalleled guest service.
We are seeking a creative artisan and dynamic culinary professional who will be responsible for the quality execution of our Commissary Kitchen. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth and success of a new and upcoming bakery in the heart of Dallas. Working under Executive Pastry Chef Ruben Torano, you will be producing artisan-style breads using high-quality heritage grains, all naturally leavened and made by hand. Knowledge of the subtleties in fermentation and the nuances in the craft of bread making are a must.
- Supervises, coordinates, and leads the bread team
- Plans production according to daily requirements
- Requisitions supplies
- Maintains production records
- Maintains cleanliness standards
- Insures bakery equipment is clean and in working order
- Recipe development in coordination with Chef
- Must be able to mix, form, and bake all types of doughs and sweet breads
- Measurements and ability to properly scale a recipe
- Knowledge in artisan hearth breads, sweet breads, and sandwich breads
- Ability to follow recipes exactly to promote uniformity
- Commitment to consistency
- Ability to introduce seasonality
- Energetic and self-motivated and have a sense of urgency
- Have quick hands and ability to multitask
- ServSafe certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Drive
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Formal education in bread and baking preferred, but not required
- Culinary school or bread program certification/ degree
3 to 5 years of baking experience; 2 years in a supervisory/ management role preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Extensive training
- Dining privileges in our award-winning restaurants
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Discounted health club membership
- Member of Preferred Hotels Discount Program
- Ambassador recognition programs and events
Please apply online today at: https://thejouledallas.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/608
Applicants may email resumes with cover letter to email@example.com
BAKER - Bread Department Supervisor (Edison, NJ)
La Bonbonniere Bakery has an immediate opening in our Edison, NJ, production location for a Bread Department Supervisor. We are seeking an individual with a passion for the baking industry who is willing to grow with the company. Experience in this field is required.
This is a full-time position, and salary is competitive with job market and based on experience
Full-time positions include vacation and sick days, access to group health insurance coverage, and a uniform is supplied.
- Supervise a staff of 3-4 people
- Work with sours, starters, artisan, and traditional breads
- Mix, shape, proof, and bake bread and rolls
- Prepare, proof, bake, and decorate breakfast and pastry items
- Maintain production inventory and product rotation schedule and oversee organization of freezer inventory
- Separate products based on production list for distribution to four retail stores
Maintain clean and organized work environment
Job Responsibilities include:
- Must be in good physical health
- Standing for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Lifting Involved -- (Dough, bakery ingredients up to 50lbs.)
- Bread production experience of at least 5 years
- A pastry arts/culinary degree is not necessary but helpful
- Salaried position: approximately 50 hours, five to six days per week. Weekends and holidays are required.
Must have a good attitude and be able to work as part of a team
If you feel you are a good candidate for this position, please email a resume or description of your prior work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Swissbäkers is an award-winning, all-natural bakery in the Boston area. Here at swissbäkers we have a fun, family-focused environment. We believe in our co-entrepreneurs, and their ideas. So much that we do not have employees here at swissbäkers, only co-entrepreneurs who work closely with management to achieve success for everyone.
We are seeking a Bakery Assistant to work closely with our Bakery Lead. The ideal candidate is responsible for maintaining the high-quality Swiss food that the company is known for as well as continuing to live the co-entrepreneurial lifestyle we teach one another. The candidate will possess a strong team-minded approach to fellow co-entrepreneurs and will hold the highest standards for food quality and work ethic.
- Train and guide bakery staff
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food
- Establish presentation technique and quality standard
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Control food and labor cost
- Bachelor’s degree or related culinary degree with five or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Passionate about your work
- Team player
- Upbeat and fun personality
Strong work ethic
Baking experience in a commercial kitchen required.
Interested? Please send resume to Thomas@swissbakers.com
AM Bread Baker, Island Creek Oyster Bar - Boston, MA
Island Creek Oyster Bar is seeking a Bread Baker to join their Bakeshop team. Located across from Fenway Park in the heart of Kenmore Square, the Bakeshop provides bread for an expanding group of high-volume restaurants. Our kitchen atmosphere stresses high-quality products first, followed by “working smarter, not harder.”
Working under Chef Jamie Havlin, you will be producing artisan breads and breakfast pastries, including assorted rolls, baguettes, brioche, croissants, muffins, scones, rustic hearth loaves, etc. All products are made completely from scratch. While applicants with experience will be given preference, we are willing to train for the right candidate.
Qualified candidates must be able to work early morning shifts, typically starting between 3 and 5 AM; exact shift times can be flexible depending on your needs.
An ideal candidate would have:
- A positive attitude
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for an 8-hour shift
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work well independently, as well as cooperatively with your department
- Acute attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
What we offer you:
- An environment where you interact with every product from beginning to end
- A chance to make your mark on an ever-expanding department
An opportunity to learn and/or perfect your baking skills
This is a full-time position offering competitive pay commensurate with experience. Benefits are available after 90 days.
Seeking Assistant Production Manager
Guglhupf Bakery, Patisserie & Café (www.guglhupf.com), an established and award-winning artisan bakery in Durham, NC, is seeking a talented artisan bread baker to join our team. We are looking for a baker with “from scratch production” experience, with a deep interest and experience in product development and who enjoys training others in the craft and structure of effective workflow. Applicants must be highly motivated, organized, mature, neat and team-oriented.
Durham's been hailed the “Tastiest Town in the South” by Southern Living magazine and “America's Foodiest Small Town” by Bon Appétit, and continues to receive food accolades in national press. Along with its many award-winning food ventures is also known for its universities (Duke, Durham Central, Durham Tech) and broad cultural scene. This is an exciting growing area with much to offer for individuals that enjoy a vibrant scene, with extensive natural areas for biking, hiking, and exploring the outdoors.
This is a full-time, long-term position with a market leading, popular, and innovative bakery. We offer competitive pay based on experience, health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, and company discount.
Send comprehensive resume to email@example.com.
Lead Baker Wanted
We are a family owned-and-operated wholesale bakery servicing Southern California and specializing in levain, preferment and methode en direct breads. Our motto is “good takes time,” and we believe the recipe for success includes carefully selecting the right ingredients, or in this case, the right people – to create something great.
Currently, we’re looking for a Lead Baker to oversee our bread production team, ensuring that the team is producing the highest quality product.
The Mix: One part artist, one part manager, one part quality control supervisor, one part mentor, one part motivator, one part collaborator, one part team leader. Combine to create one all-around awesome person to be around.
Please contact Linda@breadartisanbakery.com.
Green Rabbit seeks experienced baker to work intimately alongside owner. Ideal candidate is proficient at mixing & shaping wet naturally leavened doughs.
Job requires intellectual & aesthetic attention to detail as well as physical endurance.
Beautiful facility on back road in Waitsfield, VT, amidst orchard, garden & berry plantation. Product is impeccable & bakery has received much acclaim.
Resume & References required. Long term commitment expected.
Please send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Bread Baker
Le Marais Bakery in San Francisco seeks an Assistant Bread Baker with interest in artisanal bread making.
Our selection of loaves are made with locally milled, organic flours, hand-shaped and scored, and then fermented before being baked in a stone deck oven.
- Baking at a deck oven
- Mixing preferments, feeding and maintaining starter cultures
- Preparation of mise en place
- Shaping and scoring loaves
- Proactive assistance with kitchen cleanliness and organization
Job type: Full-time
Wage: Competitive and dependent on experience
Le Marais been hailed as one of best bakeries in San Francisco by Condé Nast Traveler, San Francisco Magazine, San Francisco Chronicle, Forbes' Travel, Fodor's Travel, EaterSF, Tablehopper, 7X7, Tasting Table, and The Wall Street Journal.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Bread Production Manager
BREAD PRODUCTION MANAGER needed to lead the wholesale bakery production in Long Island City, Queens of New York!
MeyersUSA is a Danish-American project serving Nordic food in the heart of New York. Claus Meyer, visionary and philanthropist, changed the way the Scandinavian countries prepared and enjoyed the food, breads and pastries being a part of his vision.
- Overseeing wholesale bread production and managing all employees of the bakery.
- Milling flour and Developing, producing, and growing the Artisanal Bread program.
Using email and basic computer skills to communicate with upper management.
- Associate's Degree or Vocational Certification in Culinary Arts required or five years working in a Bakery Leadership position.
Minimum of five years of experience as a baker in a high volume artisanal bakery.
We offer YOU:
- Competitive Benefits Package!
- 25 Paid Time Off Days upon 1st Year of Employment
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
Baker Wanted - Washington, DC
Start Baking a Difference! Dog Tag Bakery is looking for a talented individual to join our team of bakers making from scratch breads and pastries. While we pride ourselves on the quality and consistency of our product we are very proud to host a program which offers practical small business and entrepreneurial training for veterans with service connected disabilities. As part of our team you have the opportunity to positively impact the experience of our veterans that are going through the program.
This position is for a full time early morning baker. The ideal candidate is reliable, punctual and motivated with a minimum of two years previous baking experience or formal training.
Please submit resume and references to email@example.com
Brimfield Bread Oven is looking for an energetic, talented individual to lead our team of bakers!
This an excellent opportunity to contribute significantly to the success and growth of a very young, wood-fired oven artisan bakery.
You will work directly with the business owners to lead a small team of bread and pastry bakers. Responsibilities will include leading the mix or bake for the day, managing production schedules, controlling quality of bread and pastry products and training new staff.
The BBO is located 3 miles south of Kent, OH (home of Kent State University), and just 10 miles east of Akron. Cleveland is a mere 45 minute drive north, and The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is just 30 minutes away. The area has an active nightlife, restaurants, recreation and local food culture.
To view the job description and requirements, please visit our website: www.brimfieldbreadoven.com/jobs.
Send your resume and a brief description of why you want to work here to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Snohomish Bakery is a successful and independently owned business. Over the last 10 years, we have earned a reputation throughout the region for excellent artisan breads and viennoiserie pastries. Bakery gross sales for 2015 exceeded $1,000,000.
We look forward to continued expansion of our portfolio, especially in the area of patisserie.
The bakery is located in picturesque downtown Snohomish, WA, about 45 minutes north of Seattle.
Our ideal candidate has already gone through the learning curve in both baking and management, and can hit the ground running.
Salary 50k+ depending upon experience (plus health benefits).
Please submit resume & references to MaxB@SnoBake.com.
EXPERIENCE A NEW DEFINITION
Find a great job at the resort that's not only one of the best in the world, it feels a lot like home!
Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah, is seeking motivated, focused individuals with knowledge and experience in all stages of hand-shaped, artisan-style bread production (planning, scaling, mixing, proofing, shaping, baking, and distribution). The abilities to communicate with a team and to work efficiently and reliably are required for these full-time, seasonal positions which start at 3 a.m.
Our excellent perks and benefits include competitive wages, ski privileges, subsidized meals, free transportation, health benefits, end of season bonus, discounts and more!
To apply, please contact Executive Pastry Chef Stephen Harty at
435-940-7188 or email@example.com. To learn more about working at Deer Valley Resort, please visit deervalley.com/jobs.
Assistant Bakery Manager
We are a small artisan bread bakery, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Looking to add a baker with managerial experience. We are a growing company, on pace to do over 2.5 million in sales this year.
We are looking to hire someone who has a minimum of 3 years management and 3 years experience with artisan breads:
- Experience using both planetary and spiral mixers
- Experience using both digital and balance scales
- Divding and shaping boules, bâtards and anything in between
- Experience with rotating rack ovens and cyclothermic hearth ovens is a plus!
- Use of email and basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel and Quickbooks)
- Self-motivated and creative is a must!
- Experience with all types of sourdough starters
- Ability to multitask and be a team player and leader
- 2:00 am start time
- 5 days a week
- Weekends and holidays
- Salary position (40K a year, depending on experience)
- Health insurance and benefits
Willing to help relocate. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bread and Viennoiserie Baker
Independent Baking Company, a small, mostly retail shop, in Athens, Georgia, is seeking a baker to assist with bread and viennoiserie production.
Our team is friendly and focused on our craft. We bake bread made with heirloom and regional house-milled grains, plus breakfast viennoiserie. Expect early morning and weekend work.
Applicants may email resumes with cover letter to email@example.com.
Head Pastry Chef – Baltimore, MD
The James Beard Award-winning restaurant, Woodberry Kitchen, is seeking a Head Pastry Chef to lead the development and execution of viennoiserie and other assorted pastries from freshly milled, whole grain/high extraction flours for a new bakery location. Grains available include heritage wheats, spelt, einkorn, emmer, rye, barley, millet, amaranth, sorghum, buckwheat, and corn.
- Recipe development for croissants, danish, turnovers, cookies, scones, muffins, pies, and other pastries
- Hiring and management of a small pastry team for daily production
- Cost and inventory management
- Milling of flours on in-house, Vermont-made 40" stone mill (no prior experience necessary - training will be provided)
Must be enthusiastic to embrace the rewards and challenges of sourcing grains directly from farmers.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive, based on experience. Able to help with relocation to Baltimore, MD.
Gluten-Free Head Baker
Breadblok is an all-organic and gluten-free bakery, located in Los Angeles, focused on bringing the taste and quality of traditional French bread and baked goods to the gluten-free world.
The position of Head Baker is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up with a unique vision and to participate in the development of the business. We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to develop our product line, manage the entire production, and support the founder in growing the business.
- Establishing product line of bread and baked goods
- Creation of new recipes for bread and baked goods
- Management and participation in the entire production
- Management of raw material procurement and supply management
Management and training of baking personnel
- Professional background and experiences in bakery field
- Gluten-free baking experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong creative product vision
- Strong teamwork capability and interpersonal skills
Ability to produce high-quality artisan breads, pastries and other baked goods
Please send resumes and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
World-class neighborhood market in Denver, Colorado, is seeking production professionals.
You will bake baguettes, ciabatta, naturally leavened breads, deli loaves, real rye breads, pies, cookies, and other tasty treats. This is not an easy job. We make everything from scratch and by hand. $17/hour, plus benefits.
Please contact Paul Marczyk at email@example.com if interested.