To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Artisan Lead Baker - Pittsford, NY
The Village Bakery & Café, located in a quaint village outside Rochester, NY, needs a Lead Baker.
The opportunity requires a person of good character, with a passion for bread baking, and strong leadership skills.
Our products are hand-made daily with only the best ingredients, and natural starters. No added preservatives. We strive to source our natural ingredients locally from like-minded farmers and growers, primarily from the greater Finger Lakes region.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic go-getter who really wants to make a mark. Although we are not in sunny California, we do have four beautiful seasons, lakes abound, and a wonderful quality of life.
Please send an email expressing your interest, with resume attached, to Charlie@twoforseven.com.
460 Bread in Driggs, Idaho, is hiring a Lead Baker. This is a leadership role for a focused and energetic production baker. Be part of a growing organization dedicated to great bread and continuous improvement. You will be directly responsible for production quality, efficiency, and food safety, as well as staff training.
460 Bread is a wholesale, artisan bakery in beautiful Teton Valley, Idaho.
• Three years production experience
• One year management experience
• Exceptional organization and communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Willingness to work early, late, holidays, weekends
• Food safety certification
• Working knowledge of wild and commercial yeasted preferments
• Working knowledge of deck ovens, spiral mixers, and other artisan bread equipment
Salary based upon experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bakery Production Manager
Seeking a career baker who has knowledge and experience working with whole milled, whole grain flours, high-hydration doughs and natural starters to help us launch our Bakery Café in Fillmore, CA.
This baker will have command of baker’s math, recipe development, sourdough starters, mixing doughs, scaling, shaping, proofing, and baking. This baker must be fit and able to lift 50 pound sacks of flour, push heavy carts, and stand for extended periods without tiring. This baker would be detail-oriented and communicate clearly with staff, be willing and able to train staff and follow SOP and HACCP protocols. Spanish language skills are required.
We are building a well-equipped retail bakery in the charming, historical downtown, just an hour outside of Los Angeles, CA. Our building was built in 1902 and has great architectural charm. We are established farmers, growing, packing, and shipping our organic herbs and lettuces into the greater LA area every day of the year. Two years ago we started planting heritage wheat; we mill this wheat on a stone mill into a whole grain flour and bake naturally leavened breads twice a week for local farmers markets.
The Bakery Café will offer artisan breads, pastry, and a bakery-driven menu that will feature our locally grown produce and freshly milled grain products. Interested bakers please send your resume and cover letter to Andrea@kentercanyonfarms.com
Head Baker/Production Manager
Central Florida's premier wholesale artisan bakery is seeking a passionate, creative, and focused individual to lead our baking staff. We are located in sunny, warm Florida, 45 minutes from the beach. We are family-owned; we provide artisan breads and rustic breakfast pastries to the area's finest hotels, restaurants, and resorts. Our unbeatable quality standards and customer service have earned us a stellar reputation throughout Florida.
The right candidate will be a leader who has a passion for baking and understands all that encompasses the meaning of "artisan." You will play the key role in production quality and consistency. Be responsible for staff training and keep us moving forward.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* A love of baking and the drive to bake the best baked products.
* 3 years artisan baking experience - must be skilled at mixing, shaping, and proofing
* 2 years supervisory experience - must be able to train others
* Communicates clearly with others and have strong organizational skills
* Maintain and encourage a positive culture, lead by example
* Proven self starter with attention to detail.
* Willingness to work until production is finished, holidays, and weekends we are 24/7 operation
* Ability to give and take direction
* Troubleshoot production issues and problem solving
* Understanding baker's percentage and fluency in Spanish a big plus
In this position you are on your feet for 8 hours, interacting and directing the staff, and you must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Orlando's food scene is exploding and is home to many lively neighborhoods.
Check out our website to learn more www.oldehearthbread.com
Please email resume and cover letter telling us why you are the right person for the job to Shannon@oldehearthbread.com
Wholesale Production Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Persephone Bakery is located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Our wholesale facility, opened four years ago, supplies Teton Valley’s top restaurants and markets, in addition to our downtown café. The bakery creates artisanal breads and pastries, using the highest quality ingredients and traditional processes. Employing Old World fermentation techniques and baking with the heavy heat of a stone hearth, Persephone produces rustic, yet elegant breads and viennoiserie. We are committed to hand craftsmanship and the use of high-quality ingredients to produce exceptional product.
JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING:
Located at the base of the incredible Grand Teton range, Jackson Hole is a small but sophisticated town, with a tourist driven and seasonal economy. It is a dream come true for those who enjoy nature and the outdoor activities that it offers. Yellowstone National Park is less than an hour away, making summer our busiest season, followed by a healthy winter ski-season. Spring and fall remain quiet times for locals. Despite its relatively small size, Jackson Hole has an unparalleled food scene, with renowned restaurants and award-winning chefs, in addition to supporting a vibrant and growing cultural community. Because Jackson Hole is truly a Western paradise, we encourage a healthy work-life balance, and provide a fun, dynamic place to work and build a future.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is experienced working with naturally leavened breads, pre-ferments, yeasted bread product, and viennoiserie production. In addition to the technical knowledge behind bread production we are looking for a hands-on team leader who has the dynamic personality to organize and inspire a small but diverse team of bakers. We want a creative individual who is not only passionate about bread but also possesses an acute aesthetic sense and is able to communicate these details to others to ensure that all bread products are exceptional in both appearance and flavor.
● Maintaining consistent attendance and punctuality. (Must have a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.)
● A full understanding of the artisan baking process and the ability to manipulate them to meet scheduling and production needs
● Setting and maintaining daily production schedules and staff schedules
● Creating and maintaining pars, ensuring proper stock levels, and ensuring timely ordering.
● Communicating clearly with others verbally and in writing while maintaining a positive working environment. (Spanish language skills are preferred)
● Organizing and enforcing facility cleaning schedules
● Understanding and scheduling preventative maintenance of machinery
● Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and repetitively lift 50 pounds safely.
● Strong math skills and advanced understanding of product formulation
● Advanced multitasking with an attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently within time sensitive deadlines.
● Operation of computer-based production and inventory systems.
● Managing incoming wholesale orders and maintaining client/vendor relationships.
● Managing packing and route delivery organization of wholesale products.
● Establishing and maintaining procedures and training materials which will allow less experienced staff to work independently while maintaining the highest of standards.
● Training and mentoring new staff, inclusive of providing formal and informal feedback and performance reviews.
● Continually experiment with new ideas, new ingredients, and new methodologies.
This is a full-time, salaried position where the salary will be dependent on and commensurate with the candidate's experience. We offer health insurance compensation based on tenure and a 401K, in addition to 4 weeks of paid vacation to be taken in the spring and the fall. Housing assistance is possible, dependant on the candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website at PersephoneBakery.com, and fill out the online application located on our Employment page.
Experienced Bread Baker
Tabor Bread is a cozy neighborhood bakery in the Mount Tabor area of Portland, Oregon. We strive to develop our breads through thoughtful attention to the life cycle of dough.
It begins with flour. We source all of our grains locally and mill in-house to achieve a freshness and complexity of flavor in our flour. We then leaven our doughs with a wild starter, taking care to bring out the right character of flavor and texture. Finally, we finish the doughs in a large wood-fired oven after an overnight fermentation.
We are looking for an experienced baker with a passion for all of these disciplines! The ideal candidate should have an interest in whole grains, milling, wood-fired baking, and natural leavening. As our baker, you'll be be able to hone your skills in these areas and grow your passion for baking!
This position is physically demanding. We desire a clean, efficient, and flexible baker who will be able to take on challenges and troubleshoot setbacks. This position will be half-time to start. At least one year of experience is a must.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Small Vermont bakery producing naturally leavened organic breads seeks second baker to work intimately alongside owner.
Ideal candidate is extremely proficient at shaping wet doughs, slashing loaves, and loading ovens with a peel and has both intellectual attention to detail as well as physical endurance.
This brand new facility is on a back rural road in Waitsfield, VT, amidst a fruit orchard and mountains. For more information, visit http://www.greenrabbitvt.com/
Quality of product is impeccable. Resume and references required. Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a skilled artisan baker and looking to make a move? Then you should consider Los Alamos, CA. Surrounded by oak-studded grassy hills and acres of farmland and vineyards, Los Alamos may only be seven blocks long, yet it boasts some of the Central Coast’s most unique and serious food and wine options.
Bob’s Well Bread Bakery, located in a meticulously restored vintage filling station, is seeking talented bakers to join our team.
At Bob’s Well Bread Bakery, using old-world European techniques, our products are hand-made daily with only the finest ingredients and natural starters. No added preservatives will be found in any of the things we bake, and we strive to source our ingredients locally using farmers and growers who practice organic initiatives, as well as from our herb and vegetable garden right outside of our doors.
Bakers joining us will be involved in all phases of bread production (scaling, mixing, shaping, baking) as well as laminated pastries, cookies, scones and new product development.
You should be organized, efficient, consistent, detail oriented and reliable. We need passionate bakers who will be dedicated to helping our bakery continue to grow and build upon our already strong reputation on the Central Coast.
Ideal candidates will have several years of professional baking experience working with high hydration dough and deck ovens.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send us your resume, and a cover letter telling us about your passion for making the perfect loaf. Professional references a must. info@BobsWellBread.com
Head Baker - Santa Barbara, CA
Our Daily Bread is looking for a hands-on, experienced, and enthusiastic artisan bread baker. We are a reputable Santa Barbara, California, bakery that recently moved to a new location in town.
We're looking for a head baker to be responsible for production, quality, and expansion of our product line. The right candidate could look forward to being on a fast track to becoming a partner in the business, if so desired. Check out our website: www.ourdailybread.net
Please email a detailed resume to email@example.com.
General Manager / Bread Baker
Pekara Bakehouse is a wholesale production facility located in Champaign, IL, and specializing in wholesome, traditional European-style baking. We do not take any shortcuts, and all products are made by hand with the finest ingredients.
We are looking for for a General Manager/Bread Baker. This position would entail being on the floor of the production facility, managing all aspects of production, as well as serving as a baker when needed. This position will be responsible for creating and managing production schedules, work schedules, and ordering.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience with scratch baking in a commercial setting, and have passion and vigor for bread baking.
Compensation is $40,000-55,000, depending on experience.
• Strong management skills
• Experience working in a wholesale production facility
• Passion and creativity
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastry Chef and Artisan Bakers
Estelle’s, a full French bakery in Sacramento, CA, is dedicated to quality. All of our baked goods are made daily on-site, using fresh local ingredients.
We are looking for a pastry chef and artisan bakers to join our team. Salary is negotiable. Benefits and PTO available.
Please send your resume to email@example.com, or phone 916-233-6093.
Thomas Keller’s highly acclaimed, French-inspired bakeries, Bouchon, located in New York, Las Vegas, and Yountville, are seeking experienced individuals to join the team as bread bakers supporting the bread team.
Successful candidates will be proven self-starters with a strong attention to detail and organization and should possess a minimum of 5 years of professional baking experience. Our bakery is a high-volume, physically demanding environment with a focus on creating an unparalleled guest experience.
Bread bakers report directly to the Head Baker and assist with overseeing/coordinating all aspects of bread production in keeping with the company’s standards of food quality and cleanliness.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 707-944-0587.
Who we are:
The Thomas Keller Restaurant Group is dedicated to setting new restaurant standards in service, cuisine and the employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the industry. Our restaurants include The French Laundry, per se, Bouchon, Bouchon Bakery, and Ad Hoc. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits after 60 days of employment. We have a 401(k) plan, voluntary life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, a scholarship program for continued experiential learning outside the organization, food and wine training seminars taught by industry leaders, and various other benefits. We seek inspired candidates who are passionate about food, wine, and service.
The Thomas Keller Restaurant Group is dedicated to hiring a diverse staff and strongly encourages qualified minority and female candidates to apply for all positions.
Assistant Production Manager
We are looking to fill the Assistant (overnight) Production Manager position at Seven Stars Bakery. We are a diverse, dynamic bakery with lots of moving parts. We have four locations in the Providence, RI, area.
The Assistant Production Manager:
• Acts as Production Manager’s (PM) “right hand man/woman” in all aspects of the daily running of the bakery. The importance of these two individuals working as a team cannot be overstated.
• Acts as the main lead on the production floor, primarily early evening/overnight
• Answers to PM and owners
• Communicates daily via email with retail store managers, as needed, i.e. short product, funky product, changes that affect their day, etc.
• Assists PM with employee and production schedules
• Assists PM in problem solving when issues arise with products
• Assists PM as liaison between a.m. and p.m. crew
• Attends quarterly Seven Stars Bakery managers meetings as planned
• Works with PM to make the best possible baked products in the country!
• Assists in maintaining equipment
• Assists in purchasing of new smallwares as needed
• Leads by example and promotes to others the importance of cleanliness, attitude, and work ethic
• Helps to maintain and further encourage positive culture at Seven Stars
• Minimum 3 years experience working in an artisan bakery
• Minimum 1 year in a supervisory role, preferably in a bakery
• No physical limitations
• Knowledge of bakery equipment including, but not limited to: deck and rack ovens, spiral mixers, reversible sheeters, planetary mixers, hydraulic dividers, baguette molders, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills. At a minimum, must be comfortable with email and basic computer use. Emails, voicemails, and texts must be replied to in a timely manner during your work week.
• Knowledge of baker’s math
• Passion for all things food, but especially for the craft of baking at a very high level.
• Dedicated to long-term employment at Seven Stars Bakery
If you feel you are right for this position,meet these criteria, and are interested in finding out more about this job, please contact Sarah@sevenstarsbakery.com
Bilingual Baking Demonstrator/Salesperson
A successful and growing bakery equipment distributor in New Jersey, an industry leader in the US and Latin America markets, is seeking an exceptional Bilingual (Spanish/English) Baking Demonstrator/Salesperson.
The role is for a candidate prepared to be hands-on with all facets of the business, including, but not limited to: sales, test bakery demonstrations, onsite demonstrations/installations, trade shows, marketing assistance, sales assistance. This challenging and exciting role requires a balance of baking and business acumen, and a willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
• Manage Latin America / Spanish-speaking customer accounts.
• Communicate and work closely with sales and marketing team to meet company-wide objectives and goals.
• Demonstrate baking equipment to potential customers, both in-house and at customer facilities.
• Learn and develop product knowledge of equipment offerings.
• Participate in booth management at industry tradeshows.
• Ad hoc projects for sales and management team.
• Strong grasp of Spanish, both verbal and written, is mandatory.
• Degree in related field of study.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Computer skills, well- versed in MS Office Suite.
• Willing to travel.
• Strong work ethic.
• Team player comfortable working with all levels within the organization.
• Additional languages a plus.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Experienced Artisan Baker and Junior Baker
Opening in early 2015 in West Chester, PA!
French (p)artisan bread bakery and cafe is hiring two bakers: an experienced artisan baker and a junior baker.
We need someone who can produce consistent, high-quality work. You must be familiar with a variety of preferments, classic European breads, and state of the art formulas for whole grain breads and other adventures.
Experience with Viennoiserie and pastry is a must. Experience and education are important, but the desire for quality and innovation are critical. You must be able to work in a small team of diverse talents and be able to talk to customers directly. A working knowledge of starters and preferments is necessary.
If you have a true passion for baking rustic, handmade breads, have prior experience baking baguettes, sourdoughs, miches, and boules, and have knowledge/experience with using poolish and levain starters, we want you!
This is a 6 day/week position to include early morning and weekend hours, with some overnight hours.
If you are detail-oriented, organized, a hard worker, and love making delicious, beautiful bread, please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lafayette Baking Company, located in Haymarket, VA, is currently hiring for a Lead Baker. This organization is fast-growing, and we are looking for individuals to fit into a positive, can-do culture.
The Lead Baker will be responsible for the proper preparation, set up, and execution of made-from-scratch bakery products.
Qualified candidates must maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and be able to skillfully apply culinary techniques. Must be passionate about their approach to baking artisan bread. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills.
• Must be very organized
• 5+ years of previous experience in a bakery position/similar position
• Formal culinary training preferred
Position type: Full-time, 6 days a week, afternoon/evening shift.
Location: Haymarket, VA 20169
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Provence Bakery, established in 1996 in Nashville, TN, is seeking a lead baker working with traditional European natural starters. Volume of 500-900 loaves a day and 2,000-5,000 buns, depending on the season. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day. Team player with a good attitude and a focus on product development and efficiency.
Two plus years in a commercial baking environment, with experience in mixing, benching, and baking, will be necessary for consideration.
Compensation dependent on experience. We offer health benefits, paid time off, and retirement. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes to Kim@provencebreads.com. No solicitation or placement services.
Easy Tiger Bake Shop and Beer Garden is looking for bread bakers and shift lead candidates.
After more than two dynamic years, we have exceeded capacity and are expanding to meet wholesale demand.
Seeking bakers looking to learn and grow in traditional artisan baking techniques, and experienced bakers desiring leadership opportunities. Must be willing to work nights, be hard working and flexible.
We emphasize developing well-rounded bakers who participate in mixing, shaping and baking rather than working a single station. Excellent learning environment; Head Baker, David Norman, was instructor at FCI in NYC and SFBI, and head baker at Bouley Bakery.
Austin, the Live Music Capital, has a dynamic food scene, growing in national recognition.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.