To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Acclaimed Metropolitan Bakery is seeking a head baker for its production facility located in the Fishtown section of Philadelphia, PA.
- At least two years’ experience in high volume artisan bakery
- Scheduling of bakers
- Responsible for bread production
- Great work ethic with ability to motivate and organize bakery staff
- Knowledge of computerized bread production program helpful
- Competitive salaried position
- Health insurance, including medical and dental
- Paid vacation
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be contacted to arrange interview.
Premier artisan bread bakery, located in Philadelphia and in business since 1993. Metropolitan Bakery provides artisan breads, pastry and natural snack products for both retail and wholesale sale.
Izzio Artisan Bakery, formerly Udi’s Breads, is an American-style artisan bread bakery founded in 1998 that specializes in long-fermentation breads, exceedingly wet dough, and simple, all-natural ingredients. The owners of Izzio sold Udi's gluten-free in 2012 to Boulder Brands and are investing heavily in the national expansion of the Izzio brand and its unique, full-flavored artisan breads. Currently, Izzio Artisan Bakery breads are sold in 15 states.
Izzio Bakery is located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado, which blends small-town warmth with a progressive, modern outlook. You will be part of a family-owned bakery with opportunities for growth and development.
To help continue driving the growth of the bakery, we are searching for a Head Baker to work directly with Partner and VP of Development Maurizio Negrini. The Head Baker must possess a true passion for baking artisan breads. Head Baker will help VP of Development be the ultimate custodian of breads and bread quality.
The Head Baker will do this by leading the fresh production crew of roughly 15 employees (hand shaping/bench operation), providing formulation input for new breads and existing bread improvement, and playing a key role in developing employee skills and knowledge of fundamental baking techniques throughout the entire bakery. The Head Baker reports directly to the VP of Development.
- Training and supervision of the bench team to ensure highest level of performance within production guidelines and requirements – weekend work required as part of the base work week.
- Provide on-the-job training and skills development for key baking positions in mixing and the oven area.
- Ensure that all artisan bread products meet our brand quality specifications.
- Establish and conduct periodic (weekly) formal product quality review sessions for the entire operations management team and key baking personnel, establishing gold standard specs, defect analysis, and an overall critique of product quality.
- Work with VP of Development in the creation of new artisan breads and improvement of existing artisan bread, which includes developing new concepts, developing prototypes, adjusting recipes, establishing specifications, coordinating tests, and supporting the initial roll out.
- Researching, testing, and approving ingredients for use in new and existing artisan bread, which includes researching new technologies, evaluating specifications, testing new ingredients and obtaining approval of final specifications and formula changes.
Researching, testing, and presenting cost improvements through ingredients substitutions, recipe processing modifications, in-house production of ingredients, etc.
- Strong prior experience in all facets of processing (mixing, shaping, and baking) in a high-volume artisan bakery, and working knowledge of artisan bread making methodology. Three or more years in artisan bakery environment with management and artisan bread development experience.
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills
We use E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Artisan Bread Baker
Pekara Bakehouse is a wholesale production facility, specializing in wholesome, traditional European-style baking, located in Champaign, IL. We do not take any shortcuts, and all products are made by hand with the finest ingredients.
We are looking for an Artisan Bread Baker to start as soon as possible. This full-time position would entail being a baker who is responsible for mixing doughs from recipes and baking artisan pastries and breads.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience with scratch baking in a commercial setting, and have passion and vigor for bread baking.
Compensation depends on experience.
- Experience working in a wholesale production facility
- Passion and creativity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Seeking Artisan Baker
Guglhupf Bakery, Patisserie & Café (www.guglhupf.com), an established and award winning artisan bakery in Durham, NC, is seeking a talented artisan bread baker to join our international team. Ideally, we are looking for a baker with ‘from scratch production’ experience as well as people management experience to fill the position of Assistant Production Manager. Applicants must be highly motivated, organized, mature, neat and team-oriented.
Durham was voted “Foodiest Town of the South” and along with its many food ventures is also known for its universities (Duke, Durham Central, Durham Tech.), broad cultural scene and is in the heart of the Triangle consisting of the State Capitol Raleigh, Durham, Research Triangle Park, Chapel Hill, and Cary. This is an exciting growing area with much to offer for individuals who enjoy a vibrant scene or the outdoors.
This is a full-time, long-term position with a market leading, popular and innovative bakery. We offer competitive pay based on experience, health benefits, paid vacation, paid sick days, meal plan and company discount.
Send comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Baker and Baker
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced baker to get in on the ground level at a rapidly expanding, wholesale artisan bakery. Lucky Cat Bakery has outgrown its cottage industry roots and is moving into a newly rebuilt, modern facility this summer.
Located in Granville, OH, about 35 minutes from downtown Columbus and 5 minutes from downtown Granville (home of Denison University), we offer a full line of hearth baked and pan loaves, as well as frozen muffin batters and scones.
The Lead Baker will work alongside the owner/operator and be responsible for overseeing daily production, including scaling and mixing dough, operating equipment including ovens, moulders, retarders, and proofers, and developing and maintaining the production schedule. This is a supervisory position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience as a supervisor in a wholesale bakery, thorough knowledge of artisan bread production, familiarity with a wide range of breads (including high-hydration dough and rye breads), the ability to create and follow recipes, strong communication and organization skills, experience with retarding breads, par-baked products, and rigorous attention to detail. A positive attitude and a sense of humor are definite pluses!
6 days per week. This is a salaried position and pay is dependent on experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Andrew@luckycatbakery.com for immediate consideration. Thank you!
Lucky Cat Bakery is also hiring a Baker. We are seeking someone with experience in an artisan bakery who is eager to take on a challenging and rewarding position in a rapidly expanding operation.
The Baker will work with other Bakers under the supervision of the owner/operator and Lead Baker to perform all functions of bread production including weighing out ingredients, mixing starters and dough, shaping and panning loaves, as well as participating in packaging and daily cleaning.
6 days per week. Pay is based on experience.
Become part of the team at a business on the upswing! Please submit a cover letter and resume to Andrew@luckycatbakery.com for immediate consideration. Thank you!
At Breads Bakery, our number one ingredient is our people.
As a member of our Bread Department, your key duties and responsibilities would include:
- Assisting with scaling, mixing, shaping, and baking our daily breads (over 20 varieties per day)
- Maintaining our high standards for product quality, timing, efficiency, and cleanliness
- Following all DOH and company health and safety requirements
A candidate we would truly love:
- At least 2 years bread making experience, preferably with a deck oven
- Available to work 6 am – 3 pm, with open availability during weekends and holidays
- Works quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment
- Must have a good attitude and be an excellent team player
- Must take pride in creating high-quality products
- NY Food Handler's License
Please reply to email@example.com with a copy of your resume.
Bread Baker Sought - Succession Potential
For nearly 20 years, in the Litchfield Hills of Connecticut, the family-owned Bantam Bread Company has been producing laudable European style breads and rustic pastries.
We are seeking a skilled bread baker.
The successful candidate will work alongside the bread baker/ owner in a two-person production. Within the next 2-3 years we hope to establish a seamless succession, partnership, or employee-owned business to secure the future of the Bantam Bread Company.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artisan Head Baker
Yalaha Bakery was established in 1994 in Lake County and currently has two locations in Central Florida. Our award-winning, innovative bakery produces diverse, superior-quality German and European artisan breads and pastries. www.yalahabakery.com
We are seeking an artisan baker to work in conjunction with the bakery staff, our team of bakers and pastry department.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A minimum of five years of professional baking experience.
- Thorough knowledge of preferments and German ryes, sourdoughs, and be skilled in the mixing, kneading, and hand-crafting of traditional breads and pastries.
- Experience with naturally leavened dough.
- Knowledge of all aspects of high volume production including baking times and temperatures of a variety of baked goods, the materials and techniques used in volume production, food sanitation principles, and the ability to operate sophisticated bakery equipment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills base.
- Previous successful supervisory and product development experience are not required but could present a unique opportunity for the right candidate to move into a production management position.
This is a full-time, long-term position. Salary and benefits based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Artisan Bakers and Pastry Chefs
Estelle’s Patisserie is a French inspired bakery located in the heart of downtown Sacramento. We value tradition, produce only the highest quality baked goods, and readily embrace innovation and creativity.
We are seeking artisan bakers and pastry chefs with passion for craftsmanship. We are opening a new retail location and hiring all levels, both part-time and full-time.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Lead Pastry and Artisan Bread Baker
New start-up in Petaluma, CA, specializing in viennoiserie and artisan bread will begin as a retail shop associated with coffee/tea, and will grow into wholesale bakery. Our goal is to apply European excellence to pastry, breads, treats, and desserts, using local organic farmers’ products.
Our candidate will be as creative, energetic, and passionate as we are.
The lead baker will be asked to work weekdays from 4:30 am to 2:30 pm PST. We may ask you to flex occasionally to support our weekend half-day openings.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Bouchon Bakery & Cafe Bread Baker
Thomas Keller's highly acclaimed French-inspired bakery in New York, NY, is seeking an experienced individual possessing a formal culinary education with concentration in baking; 2 years of professional baking experience; at least 1 year as a Chef de Partie. Individual must have strong leadership and organizational skills, along with a desire to elevate the guest experience through quality and service.
The Thomas Keller Restaurant Group strives to hire a diverse staff and strongly encourages qualified minority and female candidates to apply for all positions.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US.
Bread Baker / Store Lead Baker
Whole Foods Market in Dayton, Ohio, is looking for a talented Bread Baker and Store Lead Baker. This position will be located in a brand new location, scheduled to open in June 2015.
- Mix, divide, shape, proof and bake to ensure consistency in daily production.
- Assist in the purchasing of items and ingredients for the Bakery department.
- Keep accurate mix times and temp logs.
- Experience in all aspects of bread production.
- Ability to follow a production schedule and to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to take direction and follow directions and recipes.
- Thorough knowledge of bakery products, industry trends, as well as nutritional information.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.wholefoodsmarket.com/careers.
Assistant Production Manager
H&F Bread Co. in Atlanta, Georgia, is a wholesale and retail bakery dedicated to producing and distributing artisan breads and pastries. H&F Bread Co. is hiring an Assistant Production Manager to work overnight. The Assistant Production Manager will work in collaboration with H&F Bread Company leadership team to ensure product quality and partner satisfaction as well as overseeing bakery operations.
Qualifications and Duties:
- 3+ years of hands on supervisory experience within a bakery
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- Working knowledge of bakery production equipment
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards such as AIB, HACCP, and GMPs.
- Experience maintaining food cost and labor budget
- Problem solving skills
- Computer proficient
- Bilingual -- English/Spanish is preferred
Organization and time management skills
This is a salaried position with benefits. This role requires some holidays and weekends. To apply, please submit resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bakery Sous Chef
James Beard Award-winning Chef Michael Mina has partnered with lifelong friend and celebrated chef and author Don Pintabona for a one-of-a-kind retail market and restaurant experience.
Locale Market & Farmtable Kitchen in St. Petersburg, FL, offers the freshest, finest ingredients and an incomparable variety of artisan prepared foods and baked goods. All ingredients fuse the influences of East and West and are complemented with local products to ensure the highest quality offerings. There is a conscious effort to balance the artful world of creative inspiration with grounded products for everyday needs.
We are immediately seeking a dedicated and motivated Bakery Sous Chef to be part of our talented team.
For consideration, please contact our Human Resources Manager by emailing your resume to BCharles@LocaleGourmetMarket.com
Bread Bakery Sous Chef
The Wynn Las Vegas is hiring a Bread Bakery Sous Chef.
As the Bread Bakery Sous Chef, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for supporting the Executive Bread Baker in all aspects of production, cost control, completing inventories and food requisitions.
- Supervises the production of bread in all stages.
Ensures food quality according to outlet standards and ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards.
- Candidates must be able to communicate, read and write in English fluently and in a professional manner. Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
- Candidate must have advanced knowledge of baking, sanitation and cost control.
- Requires the ability to work efficiently and within a team environment.
- Requires a valid Clark County health card.
Requires an age of 18 years or older.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com. posted 3/20/15
Metropolitan Bakery in Philadelphia is seeking bakers. We are seeking bread bakers/pastry bakers who are passionate about their craft. Opportunity to grow into management positions within our corporation. We are a 20 year old bread/pastry bakery with a newly opened café.
Please feel free to read more about us at www.metropolitanbakery.com .
Please send inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artisan Lead Bread Baker
Loaf Bakery in Greensboro, NC, is seeking an Artisan Lead Bread Baker.
Our bakery, Loaf (Local, Original, Artisanal, and Fresh), has been labeled a premier bakery by many. We believe in service excellence in every aspect of our responsibilities, from scratch starts to a wide variety of great breads, and with great presentational appearance.
The full-time Lead Bread Baker will continue to develop our menu and recipes for all of our commercial accounts and for the customers at our store and markets. Should be passionate about the profession as we continue to expand. Leadership in all aspects of the profession is expected. Several years’ experience preferred. Pay is commensurate with bread skills, fiscal skills, organizational skills, and personnel management abilities.
Visit our website at www.loafgreensboro.com, and send resume to email@example.com.
Standard Baking Company, a retail/wholesale artisan bakery in Portland, Maine, will soon have an opening for a Pastry Baker. As part of our small pastry team, your primary responsibility is to meet all production deadlines and quality standards as set by the bakery, while contributing to our passionate and positive workplace culture. Tasks include mixing, shaping, baking rustic, European-inspired pastries and hand-crafted Viennoiserie, from cookies to laminated doughs. We're a small, but busy, family-owned bakery in beautiful Portland, Maine, a food-obsessed city on the coast.
While we work hard in our downtown bakery, Maine’s beautiful coast, lakes, and mountains are at our doorstep for recreation.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. We offer health insurance, retirement and vacation benefits. Starting date is flexible.
Please send your resume, questions, and a thoughtful cover letter to Tim Gosnell at Tim@standardbakingco.com.
Seeking Lead Baker
Nick and Aron's is a new restaurant, bakery, pizzeria, and cafe serving North Oakland, California, near MacArthur BART. Drawing upon the success of Nick's Pizza, also in North Oakland, we'll be offering our signature sourdough pizza as well as pastries and espresso drinks in the morning, and table service with beer and wine in the evening. The restaurant and bakery will open in late March. You can find more information about the project at nickandarons.com
We're looking for a full-time lead baker to work with us to develop recipes and to work both independently and with a team. Candidates must have a good amount of sourdough bread making experience, as well as familiarity with laminated doughs and pastry work. Must be available to work early morning hours.
Nick and Aron are both firmly rooted in the East Bay, and as such, we've always been inspired by the rich diversity of our home. We strive to provide a welcoming work environment. People of Color, LGBTQ folks, and Women are encouraged to apply.
Please email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org