To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Head Baker - Santa Barbara, CA
Our Daily Bread is looking for a hands-on, experienced, and enthusiastic artisan bread baker. We are a reputable Santa Barbara, California, bakery that recently moved to a new location in town.
We're looking for a head baker to be responsible for production, quality, and expansion of our product line. The right candidate could look forward to being on a fast track to becoming a partner in the business, if so desired. Check out our website: www.ourdailybread.net
Please email a detailed resume to email@example.com.
General Manager / Bread Baker
Pekara Bakehouse is a wholesale production facility located in Champaign, IL, and specializing in wholesome, traditional European-style baking. We do not take any shortcuts, and all products are made by hand with the finest ingredients.
We are looking for for a General Manager/Bread Baker. This position would entail being on the floor of the production facility, managing all aspects of production, as well as serving as a baker when needed. This position will be responsible for creating and managing production schedules, work schedules, and ordering.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience with scratch baking in a commercial setting, and have passion and vigor for bread baking.
Compensation is $40,000-55,000, depending on experience.
• Strong management skills
• Experience working in a wholesale production facility
• Passion and creativity
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastry Chef and Artisan Bakers
Estelle’s, a full French bakery in Sacramento, CA, is dedicated to quality. All of our baked goods are made daily on-site, using fresh local ingredients.
We are looking for a pastry chef and artisan bakers to join our team. Salary is negotiable. Benefits and PTO available.
Please send your resume to email@example.com, or phone 916-233-6093.
Thomas Keller’s highly acclaimed, French-inspired bakeries, Bouchon, located in New York, Las Vegas, and Yountville, are seeking experienced individuals to join the team as bread bakers supporting the bread team.
Successful candidates will be proven self-starters with a strong attention to detail and organization and should possess a minimum of 5 years of professional baking experience. Our bakery is a high-volume, physically demanding environment with a focus on creating an unparalleled guest experience.
Bread bakers report directly to the Head Baker and assist with overseeing/coordinating all aspects of bread production in keeping with the company’s standards of food quality and cleanliness.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 707-944-0587.
Who we are:
The Thomas Keller Restaurant Group is dedicated to setting new restaurant standards in service, cuisine and the employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the industry. Our restaurants include The French Laundry, per se, Bouchon, Bouchon Bakery, and Ad Hoc. We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits after 60 days of employment. We have a 401(k) plan, voluntary life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, a scholarship program for continued experiential learning outside the organization, food and wine training seminars taught by industry leaders, and various other benefits. We seek inspired candidates who are passionate about food, wine, and service.
The Thomas Keller Restaurant Group is dedicated to hiring a diverse staff and strongly encourages qualified minority and female candidates to apply for all positions.
Assistant Production Manager
We are looking to fill the Assistant (overnight) Production Manager position at Seven Stars Bakery. We are a diverse, dynamic bakery with lots of moving parts. We have four locations in the Providence, RI, area.
The Assistant Production Manager:
• Acts as Production Manager’s (PM) “right hand man/woman” in all aspects of the daily running of the bakery. The importance of these two individuals working as a team cannot be overstated.
• Acts as the main lead on the production floor, primarily early evening/overnight
• Answers to PM and owners
• Communicates daily via email with retail store managers, as needed, i.e. short product, funky product, changes that affect their day, etc.
• Assists PM with employee and production schedules
• Assists PM in problem solving when issues arise with products
• Assists PM as liaison between a.m. and p.m. crew
• Attends quarterly Seven Stars Bakery managers meetings as planned
• Works with PM to make the best possible baked products in the country!
• Assists in maintaining equipment
• Assists in purchasing of new smallwares as needed
• Leads by example and promotes to others the importance of cleanliness, attitude, and work ethic
• Helps to maintain and further encourage positive culture at Seven Stars
• Minimum 3 years experience working in an artisan bakery
• Minimum 1 year in a supervisory role, preferably in a bakery
• No physical limitations
• Knowledge of bakery equipment including, but not limited to: deck and rack ovens, spiral mixers, reversible sheeters, planetary mixers, hydraulic dividers, baguette molders, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer skills. At a minimum, must be comfortable with email and basic computer use. Emails, voicemails, and texts must be replied to in a timely manner during your work week.
• Knowledge of baker’s math
• Passion for all things food, but especially for the craft of baking at a very high level.
• Dedicated to long-term employment at Seven Stars Bakery
If you feel you are right for this position,meet these criteria, and are interested in finding out more about this job, please contact Sarah@sevenstarsbakery.com
Bilingual Baking Demonstrator/Salesperson
A successful and growing bakery equipment distributor in New Jersey, an industry leader in the US and Latin America markets, is seeking an exceptional Bilingual (Spanish/English) Baking Demonstrator/Salesperson.
The role is for a candidate prepared to be hands-on with all facets of the business, including, but not limited to: sales, test bakery demonstrations, onsite demonstrations/installations, trade shows, marketing assistance, sales assistance. This challenging and exciting role requires a balance of baking and business acumen, and a willingness to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
• Manage Latin America / Spanish-speaking customer accounts.
• Communicate and work closely with sales and marketing team to meet company-wide objectives and goals.
• Demonstrate baking equipment to potential customers, both in-house and at customer facilities.
• Learn and develop product knowledge of equipment offerings.
• Participate in booth management at industry tradeshows.
• Ad hoc projects for sales and management team.
• Strong grasp of Spanish, both verbal and written, is mandatory.
• Degree in related field of study.
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Computer skills, well- versed in MS Office Suite.
• Willing to travel.
• Strong work ethic.
• Team player comfortable working with all levels within the organization.
• Additional languages a plus.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Experienced Artisan Baker and Junior Baker
Opening in early 2015 in West Chester, PA!
French (p)artisan bread bakery and cafe is hiring two bakers: an experienced artisan baker and a junior baker.
We need someone who can produce consistent, high-quality work. You must be familiar with a variety of preferments, classic European breads, and state of the art formulas for whole grain breads and other adventures.
Experience with Viennoiserie and pastry is a must. Experience and education are important, but the desire for quality and innovation are critical. You must be able to work in a small team of diverse talents and be able to talk to customers directly. A working knowledge of starters and preferments is necessary.
If you have a true passion for baking rustic, handmade breads, have prior experience baking baguettes, sourdoughs, miches, and boules, and have knowledge/experience with using poolish and levain starters, we want you!
This is a 6 day/week position to include early morning and weekend hours, with some overnight hours.
If you are detail-oriented, organized, a hard worker, and love making delicious, beautiful bread, please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lafayette Baking Company, located in Haymarket, VA, is currently hiring for a Lead Baker. This organization is fast-growing, and we are looking for individuals to fit into a positive, can-do culture.
The Lead Baker will be responsible for the proper preparation, set up, and execution of made-from-scratch bakery products.
Qualified candidates must maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and be able to skillfully apply culinary techniques. Must be passionate about their approach to baking artisan bread. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills.
• Must be very organized
• 5+ years of previous experience in a bakery position/similar position
• Formal culinary training preferred
Position type: Full-time, 6 days a week, afternoon/evening shift.
Location: Haymarket, VA 20169
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Provence Bakery, established in 1996 in Nashville, TN, is seeking a lead baker working with traditional European natural starters. Volume of 500-900 loaves a day and 2,000-5,000 buns, depending on the season. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day. Team player with a good attitude and a focus on product development and efficiency.
Two plus years in a commercial baking environment, with experience in mixing, benching, and baking, will be necessary for consideration.
Compensation dependent on experience. We offer health benefits, paid time off, and retirement. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes to Kim@provencebreads.com. No solicitation or placement services.
Easy Tiger Bake Shop and Beer Garden is looking for bread bakers and shift lead candidates.
After more than two dynamic years, we have exceeded capacity and are expanding to meet wholesale demand.
Seeking bakers looking to learn and grow in traditional artisan baking techniques, and experienced bakers desiring leadership opportunities. Must be willing to work nights, be hard working and flexible.
We emphasize developing well-rounded bakers who participate in mixing, shaping and baking rather than working a single station. Excellent learning environment; Head Baker, David Norman, was instructor at FCI in NYC and SFBI, and head baker at Bouley Bakery.
Austin, the Live Music Capital, has a dynamic food scene, growing in national recognition.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
La Bicyclette Restaurant in Carmel, CA, is searching for an experienced bread baker, able to bake breads in a wood-fired oven.
The candidate should understand the hours of operation and have a keen understanding of the product. Creativity is a must. A strong baking background is necessary, as well as a foresight to deal with mistakes. We encourage this person to create seasonal breads specializing in French, Italian, and Spanish backgrounds.
This is a full-time position. Temporary housing available.
• 2 years experience in a professional bakery, specializing in French, Italian, and Spanish breads
• Wood oven experience preferred
• Passionate & creative about baking
• Organized and can train others to produce the same product consistently
Resume should reflect the job description. Please include references and photos of your work. Email email@example.com
Artisan Head Baker
Yalaha Bakery was established in 1994 in Lake County and currently has two locations in Central Florida. Our award-winning, innovative bakery produces diverse superior-quality German and European artisan breads and pastries. www.yalahabakery.com
We are seeking an artisan baker to work in conjunction with the bakery staff, our team of bakers and pastry department.
Ideal candidates will have:
• A minimum of five years of professional baking experience.
• Thorough knowledge of pre-ferments and German ryes, sourdoughs, and be skilled in the mixing, kneading, and hand-crafting of traditional breads and pastries.
• Experience with naturally leavened dough.
• Knowledge of all aspects of high volume production including baking times and temperatures of a variety of baked goods, the materials and techniques used in volume production, food sanitation principles and the ability to operate sophisticated bakery equipment.
• Strong communication and organizational skills base.
• Previous successful supervisory and product development experience are not required but could present a unique opportunity for the right candidate to move into a production management position.
This is a full-time, long-term position. Salary and benefits based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org