To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vermont, is hiring a Baker Specialist for their Baker’s Hotline.
This role, based within the larger scope of Customer Support, acts as the "go to" resource for our customers and all of their baking adventures (and mis-adventures). Daily responsibilities include corresponding with and engaging King Arthur Flour customers through multiple channels: phone, mail, online chat, email, and social media. Within Customer Support, the Baker Specialist also supports the CS team in any capacity necessary, including handling customer orders, responding to customer inquiries, and related duties.
The Baker Specialist will also continue to expand his/her baking knowledge through involvement with other departments and areas of the company.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Head Pastry Chef and Artisan Bakers
Estelle’s Patisserie is a French-inspired bakery located in the heart of downtown Sacramento. We value tradition, produce only the highest quality baked goods, and readily embrace innovation and creativity.
We are seeking a Head Pastry Chef and artisan bakers with a passion for craftsmanship. We are opening a new retail location and hiring all levels, both part-time and full-time.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Artisan Bakers
Grateful Bread Company, a family-owned and operated, rapidly growing wholesale artisan bakery, is looking for committed bakers who want to grow with us and make custom handmade artisan breads and pastries for the best chefs in Denver and Boulder.
Room for advancement for the right candidate. Attention to detail needed for creating authentic, all-natural, 100% handmade artisan breads and pastries from scratch, every day, with no shortcuts for Denver's best restaurants and hotels (including all of the 2013, 2014, 2105 & 2106 Denver James Beard award semifinalists and Denver’s only James Beard award-winning chef).
Grounded in artisan philosophy and focused on quality above all else, we are committed to using only the finest natural, organic, and locally sourced ingredients, including organic whole grain flours milled in-house with our Osttiroler stone mill. We’re the only bakery of our size in Denver making every single piece of bread entirely by hand. We’d rather maintain our quality than rush the process with a lot of chemical and mechanical shortcuts. Once you start using machines to shape the bread instead of your hands, you stop being a true artisan bakery. And our artisan philosophy is at the heart of our bakery - we wouldn’t be who we are without it.
We use a different starter for nearly every different type of dough, carefully maintaining over 10 different starters on any given day (including our 15-year-old natural sourdough starter), which is what gives our breads their unique character and flavor.
Our guiding philosophy is uncompromising dedication to quality, maintaining the integrity of the artisan process, using only the very best all-natural ingredients, and creating an environment for artisan bakers to thrive. We remain true to our core principles, even when it’s not the most economically feasible thing to do, but we have happy customers and happy employees, so that’s the bottom line for us.
We recently won the 2015 Colorado Companies to Watch award, were voted Best Bakery/Savory 2016 by Westword, won both Readers’ and Editors’ Choice awards for Westword’s Best Bread 2015, and won Editors’ Choice award for Best Bread in 5280’s 2014 awards.
Please visit our website at www.gratefulbread.com for interviews and articles about our bakery.
Please email your resume for consideration to email@example.com
Pay based on experience. No phone calls, please.
Bread Shift Supervisor Position Opening
Pekara Bakehouse specializes in traditional European-style artisan breads, with a focus on long fermentation and hand-forming, located in Champaign, IL. We do not take any shortcuts, and all products are made by hand with the finest ingredients.
Pekara Bakehouse is in need of a shift supervisor for our bread department. This full-time position would entail supervision of other workers during shifts when our general manager isn’t on duty, as well as mixing doughs from recipes and baking both sliced bread loaves and artisan loaves.
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience with commercial scratch baking, though the only must-have is a passion for baking as well as reliability and desire to produce the highest-quality products. We are willing to train the right candidate in our techniques and methods.
Compensation depends on experience.
- Passion and creativity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for 8 hours
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other open positions include cake decorators and pastry chefs.
Bread Department Manager
Park Avenue Bakery is located in Helena, Montana, and is a locally owned, European-style bakery that specializes in artisan breads, breakfast pastries, and desserts. The bakery also features espresso and coffee beverages, as well as daily lunch specials.
We are looking for an experienced person to head our bread department. The right candidate must have 3+ years as a bread baker and a thorough knowledge of the process from start to finish, including mixing, shaping, scoring, and baking.
- Must know baker's percentage and product development
- Must have a strong work ethic, strong leadership skills, and be able to work as part of a team
- Must be organized and efficient
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for 8 hours
Able to lift 50 lbs
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Professional Journeyman Baker Position – Utica, NY
Utica Bread is a European-style bakery in downtown Utica, specializing in the production of the highest quality handmade breads, viennoiserie, and pastry. The main focus of Utica Bread is to offer a high-quality line of artisan breads and rolls to the retail and wholesale markets of Central New York. Additionally, Utica Bread offers a limited food service menu, focused on utilizing our product line in a creative menu offering.
Utica Bread is seeking a full-time professional or journeyman baker. Experience in a high quality, hands on production bakery is a must. All breads are produced from scratch, and by hand and therefore experience in a scratch bakery is desired.
Beneficial, but not mandatory skills/requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a production bakery is very beneficial.
- Applicants should have a high level of motivation to work hard in a fast-paced environment, and should take a great deal of pride in taking part in the production of extremely high-quality European style breads.
- Proficiency in metric weights and measures, as well as conversion to standard measure is a necessity.
Experience with long fermentations, sourdough and preferments such as pâte fermentée, poolish, and levain are quality skill sets for applicants.
This is a full-time, salaried position, offering a set schedule, with 2 days off per week. Applicants should be prepared to work bakers’ hours, with shifts beginning anywhere from 11 pm to 2 am.
Are you a proud and passionate baker and lover of bread? Do you seek a career with an up-and-coming bakery on the forefront of the revitalization of downtown Utica?
To apply for this position, EMAIL ONLY - firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, or in-person applications will be accepted.
Applicants MUST include:
- Letter of intent, expressing your key attributes pertaining to the above criteria.
- Professional resume.
No less than 3 professional references.
Artisan Bread Baker
PB Boulangerie Bistro in South Wellfleet, MA, is actively seeking an artisan bread baker. We bake traditional breads - baguette traditional, bâtard, pain de mie - as well as popular variations like olive and rosemary, noix and raisin, and cranberry.
The ideal candidate should be able to bake bread from start to finish:
- Mix the dough, following recipes
- Shape, score, and bake the loaves
- Understand and use the equipment provided on-site, such as mixer, divider, proofer, oven.
This is a full-time position, available immediately.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Evergrain Bread Company is looking for a full-time bread baker. We are a small artisan bakery in Chestertown, Maryland, passionate about producing traditional European bread and pastry.
After five years of developing our business, we are pursuing potential expansion opportunities and seeking to bring people onto our team who share our passion, drive, and work ethic. This position is integral to the functionality of our growing bakery and will play a crucial role as we pursue expansion.
Day-to-day operations will include:
- Mixing, shaping and baking of all bread
- Maintaining inventory
- Overseeing assistant bakers and daily production
- Assisting in developing and adjusting bread formulas
- Effectively communicating with other departments
- Training any future bread baker hires
The right candidate will possess all of these things:
- A passion for bread and baking and a knowledge base of the industry
- Commitment to dependability and honesty
- Enthusiasm towards working with others
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Desire to learn our business and product and participate in helping us grow
- Ability to multi-task and manage a fast-paced environment
- An unwavering positive attitude
- Able to be on feet for 8+ hours and lift 50+ lbs
Please send your resume to to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bread Production Manager
For 16 years, Main Street Bread Commissary is a successful and continuously growing production bakery with numerous international and domestic wholesale accounts. We are perfectly located in the North Texas dynamic and friendly suburb of Grapevine, TX.
Within 10mn driving distance of the 9th world’s busiest airports, we developed through the years a strong partnership with Airlines and provide them daily high-quality products for First Class & Business. We also supply high end hotel brands, local renowned restaurants, coffee shops and all retail stores of the Main Street Bistro & Bakery Family. (ww.themainbakery.com)
This Position is for a senior level baker/manager who can collaborate with the GM to produce existing recipes as well as develop new ones. This position will be responsible for any and all things related to bread and viennoiserie including all related training.
Skills and Experience
- Complete understanding of baker’s math and time and temperature control in doughs
- Understanding of slow fermentation techniques and various grain based doughs
- Thorough knowledge of classic and modern Viennoiserie
- Experience developing new recipes for both retail and wholesale accounts
- Proven track record of developing exceptional teams/You must lead by example
- Possess a strong work ethic, have an almost excessive attention to detail, and be willing to do whatever it takes to get this job done
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Full time salaried position with compensation commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year
- Relocation assistance available
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter explaining why you are the right and “perfect” candidate
- Three professional references
Pastry Baker (Level II)
This baker will work predominantly in the pastry parts of the Bakery. Experience in both bread and pastry production is preferred. Ongoing training within the Bakery is available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Knowledge of ingredients and a sense of how locally sourced foods add to the final product
- Ability to produce Viennoiserie, cakes, creams, cookies, etc. with consistent high quality, from ingredient scaling through baking and finishing.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, standard commercial baking equipment
- Bakery administration as necessary (duties may include product ordering, maintenance of ingredient pars)
Ability to quickly and accurately sort and organize many special orders for multiple accounts
- Experience working in a hands-on production bakery is preferred
Experience working in a high production bakery is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8-hour shift
Stamina to work quickly and accurately in a busy production bakery.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Desire to produce consistent, high-quality bakery products
- Flexibility with scheduling:
- Availability to work different shifts to help with scheduling and absence coverage
- Availability to work weekends
- Ability to interact well with others (team members, customers, etc.) in all situations
- Ability to multitask
- Team player:
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work well in a group under pressure
- Willing to share space, ingredients and equipment with coworkers during production
- Willing to do the dishes and sanitize bakery
- A desire for continuously improving baking skills
- Infectious enthusiasm for baking
Applicants should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bakery Sous Chef
Thomas Keller’s highly acclaimed French-inspired bakery, Bouchon, located in New York, is seeking a Bakery Sous Chef to assist in the facilitation of all aspects of bread production for our restaurants, bakeries, and wholesale accounts.
As the Bakery Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Baker in providing support and direction on all facets of daily bread production, quality control, and technique, while leading a team of culinary professionals. Strong mentoring and coaching skills required, accompanied by organizational efficiencies. The experienced individual will possess 4 years of progressive leadership experience in a multi-unit operation. Position will be housed in New York, NY.
Please apply online at http://www.thomaskeller.com or send your letter of motivation and resume to: email@example.com.
Camino Bakery is a small, family-run business in the friendly, small city of Winston-Salem, NC. We’re looking for a bread baker who shares our commitment to baking beautiful, delicious food from scratch.
The qualities we’re looking for in this baker include:
- A passion for and knowledge of all aspects of artisan bread, including baking naturally leavened as well as yeasted breads and creating laminated pastries.
- A positive attitude, great work ethic, and friendly team spirit; good taste in music is a bonus, although listening to Radiolab or baseball may be acceptable alternatives.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs of flour repeatedly, be on your feet for 8+ hours, and climb a 5-ft ladder.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional baking experience. Culinary degree not required but is a plus.
If you have those qualities and would like to work with people who believe in having fun together, treating each other with dignity, and obsessing over food, send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bread Baker – Colectivo Coffee/Troubadour Bakery, Milwaukee, WI
Founded in 1993, Colectivo Coffee has grown from a roaster in a small warehouse to an award-winning coffee company and collection of best-in-craft products. In addition to roasting coffee at the highest level, we also operate Troubadour Bakery, delivering a range of hand-made foods, artisan breads and scratch-baked goodies. Our family of distinct cafes continues to grow, each unique in design and experience - garnering numerous architectural awards and national recognition. Our Letterbox Tea, Colectivo Keg Company beer, specialty chocolates, and curated mix of artful items bring together a collective brand experience unlike any other retailer in our industry.
The Troubadour Bakery is looking for a Bread Baker. The Bread Baker produces artisan breads and artisan laminated pastries. Specific responsibilities include accurately following formulas in the preparation of all dough, shaping and scoring loaves, and assuring all finished baked products meet quality standards. The ideal candidate is able to develop and maintain effective working relationships, work quickly and efficiently, and is able to learn quickly.
Colectivo is an EEO/M/F/V/H employer. We offer benefits, including vacation time, health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, a bicycle commuter benefit program, and free coffee products and discounted food/retail products. If interested in applying, please fill out an application online at www.colectivocoffee.com/careers.
Looking for a Seasonal Experienced Baker
Stella’s Bakery is a small artisan, family-run business, located in Madison, WI. We are seeking a talented artisan bread baker to join our team for the upcoming outdoor farmers’ market season. This is a full-time, seasonal position, with a commitment necessary from the end of March until the beginning of November. There is potential to become a permanent team member. This person will report to our head baker and work alongside a small core team.
Essential qualities include:
- 3+ years professional expertise in from-scratch baking. A full understanding of baker’s math is required.
- Be a positive self-starter
- Able to multitask
- Able to both give and receive direction
- Detail oriented
- Willing to work until production is finished, throughout the season, regardless of holidays. Because this is a seasonal position, we are unable to accommodate any substantial time off between April and November
- Must be able to be on your feet for 8 hours+ and be able to lift 50 pounds
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
If you are interested in pursuing an in-person interview, please send a full resume to email@example.com. We will also require at least three professional references.
Zak The Baker is looking for a bread baker for our growing bakery. We are dedicated to making the highest quality product with integrity and joy. We are expanding and moving our bakery to another location in the heart of Miami’s Wynwood Art District. We are currently looking for a baker to help elevate our current team of bakers to the next level and beyond.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3- 5 years experience as a bread baker.
- proficiency in mixing, shaping, scoring, oven management, preferments, and natural levains.
- knowledge of baker’s percentage and formula development.
- a passion and genuine love for disco music.
- excellent organizational and efficiency skills.
- problem solving skills.
- a strong work ethic.
- the ability to work well in a team.
- Competitive salary
- Health care
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 5 day work week
- Family meal
- Positive work atmosphere
Come grow with us.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
posted 3/16/16, revised 3/17/16
Lead Baker Wanted
We are a family owned and operated wholesale bakery servicing Southern California specializing in levain, preferment and methode en direct breads. Our motto is “good takes time,” and we believe the recipe for success includes carefully selecting the right ingredients, or in this case, the right people – to create something great.
Currently, we’re looking for a Lead Baker to oversee our bread production team, ensuring that the team is producing the highest quality product.
The Mix: One part artist, one part manager, one part quality control supervisor, one part mentor, one part motivator, one part collaborator, one part team leader. Combine to create one all-around awesome person to be around.
Please contact Linda@breadartisanbakery.com
Crooked Tree Breadworks is Looking for a Head Baker
We have been serving the population of Little Traverse Bay in northwest lower Michigan since 1996. We focus on hand-shaped, naturally-fermented bread products, and rustic pastries for both retail and wholesale customers.
We have a tightly knit staff that works well together. The effectiveness of our crew grows from the atmosphere of the bakery. We run a calm yet very busy bakeshop that adapts to the seasonal nature of our tourism-driven economy. We are professional, focused, in good humor, and all working toward the same goals; making every product as good as it can be every day, satisfying our clients, making a profit for the company, and enjoying life. We are casual but never sloppy. We respect the products, the customers, and each other. Unlike many commercial kitchens, you will not find a culture of egos and power trips at Crooked Tree Breadworks.
We are looking for a Head Baker to join our team of supervisors in fulfilling the company mission. Great baking skills and organizational skills are prerequisites. Duties include overseeing all aspects of bread and pastry production including baking , quality control, product development, scheduling, hiring, facility management, and sanitation. Our management believes that a good quality of life is critical to the long-term effectiveness of our crew. We don’t believe that working the night shift is compatible with staying healthy and engaged in the community: therefore, we do not run one.
If you would like to be a vital part of a successful, established, growing business in a beautiful, growing region of Michigan, send a resume to Greg, email@example.com, for more details.
Bakery Manager/Artisan Baker - Metro Detroit, MI
Newly opened bread/pastry bakery (wholesale and retail) seeks creative and talented Artisan Baker with supervisory skills. Will direct daily production, R&D in the creation of many new and exciting products.
Join an expanding company with an impeccable reputation for high end, quality artisan breads, and other bakery products. The facility also services several local restaurants. Great growth opportunity. $65,000-$75,000, plus moving allowance.
Send resume in a Word format attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Baker and Line Baker
Della Fattoria in Petaluma, CA, is looking for some good, honest bakers.
We’re looking for a Head Baker with excellent management ability. You need to be an experienced baker. You need to understand the complicated procedure of managing naturally leavened dough and have an interest in working with the unpredictability of wood-fired ovens. This is a very hard-working bakery, and strong leadership and organizational skills are essential.
For our Line Bakers, besides sure and quick hands, we need you to have a sense of urgency, and most important of all, you absolutely must be a team player. This is a baking team, and we all need to be focused on creating delicious, extraordinary bread. That is the goal; the bread is the boss.
For some of us, baking bread is as essential to happiness as a smile. If you’re one of those, please contact us.
Please send resume, or at least an outline of your baking experience, to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
RESTAURANT GUSTU is looking for a HEAD BAKER - La Paz, Bolivia
Claus Meyer, co-founder of Restaurant Noma, through his Melting Pot Foundation, established Gustu in 2013 in the mountains of La Paz, Bolivia. We have ever since been developing as a food school and as a fine-dining restaurant. Gustu was in 2015 voted no 17 on the list of “Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants.”
Later this spring Gustu is opening a 120-seat bistro and will also oversee the bar and breakfast program of the brand new Hotel Atix scheduled to open in June this year.
We are therefore looking for a Head Baker!
We are looking for someone with a solid experience in natural breads, sourdough, poolish, whole grain baking and laminated doughs. Pastry experience would also be much appreciated.
We are looking for someone with the knowledge and courage to apply their experience to the challenges of baking in altitude.
Please send updated CV as well as a short description of your wish to form part of the Gustu family to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please learn more about us at www.restaurantgustu.com.
Head Baker / Production Manager
La Farm Bakery in Cary, NC is seeking a salaried Artisan Head Baker/ Production Manager.
What are YOUR goals?
Do you want to grow with a bakery that continues to step up and make a difference baking quality, artisan bread with local ingredients?
Do you want to innovate new bread recipes or design perfect pairings with café items that leave customers raving?
Do you want to lead and train new bakers, showing them the skills necessary to be a true baker?
If so, then apply to La Farm Bakery (www.lafarmbakery.com). We are a modern-day boulangerie and café in the heart of Cary, North Carolina, just minutes from Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. La Farm is owned and operated by Lionel Vatinet, a Master Baker recognized most recently as a Semi-Finalist two years in a row for Outstanding Baker in the James Beard Award nominations.
This position is for a senior-level baker who can collaborate with the GM to drive and direct the total bakery operation from the production side. Must have 2+ years proven production management experience leading a team of 7+ bakers.
Apply now for this position and inquire about other open bread and pastry positions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your resume, cover letter, and additional portfolio pictures that you feel showcase your talent.
The Gallows Group LLC is one of the largest employers in the South End of Boston, and currently includes two restaurants, The Gallows, Banyan Bar + Refuge, and a gourmet doughnut shop, Blackbird Doughnuts.
We are currently hiring a Head Baker with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial role. Candidates must have a good attitude, a passion for baking, be comfortable with large scale production, and great communication skills.
If you are great at multitasking, working in a team environment, and love to create, send a resume and a word about yourself to email@example.com.
Hewn, an artisan bakery in Evanston, IL, is looking for an experienced Assistant Baker for the 10 pm - 6 am night shift. We are expanding this spring and will be increasing our production capacity. We make naturally fermented artisan breads and pastries by hand every day, using 100% organic flour and grains.
We need a baker who is committed to producing high-quality, consistent work both independently and with a team. Candidates must have experience with artisanal bread baking and be able to lift 50 lbs.
We are located in the middle of Evanston's burgeoning food scene, just minutes from Chicago and within walking distance to Lake Michigan. We offer a collaborative working environment in a vibrant community.
Pay will be based on experience. 401K benefits are offered to all employees after six months of service.
Please email your cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bakery Manager and Future Business Partner - Wellington/Fort Collins, Colorado
Ingrained Bakery is hiring a full time Bakery Manager with a 5 year track to becoming a partner/owner. We are a small single-location bakery specializing in artisan sourdough breads with 6-figure annual sales serving northern Colorado and southern Wyoming via wholesale accounts, a retail shop, and farmers markets.
Duties will include overseeing all day-to-day operations including:
- Supervising at least 3 part time employees
- Monitoring and tracking production schedule, staff schedule, inventory, and equipment
- Delivering products
- Maintaining an organized, efficient, and sanitary production and sales space
- Customer and community outreach
- Retail and wholesale sales expansion
- Self-motivatied and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for quality food and a desire to produce it
- Acute attention to detail and an observant disposition
- Desire to expand knowledge of baking techniques and business operations
At least three years experience in the food industry as a supervisor/manager and/or commercial baker
Contact email@example.com for more information. Interested applicants need to send:
- Letter of interest
Lucky Cat Bakery (www.luckycatbakery.com) is hiring a full-time artisan bread Baker. We are seeking an experienced, motivated individual who is eager to take on a challenging and rewarding position in an expanding operation. This position will require the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
We are a wholesale bread bakery in Granville, Ohio (35 minutes from downtown Columbus) with no retail location. We are looking for someone with extensive knowledge and hands on experience baking artisan bread. There will be opportunities for strong employees to grow in the company as we expand.
About the Job…
The Baker will work with other Bakers under the direction of the Owner/Lead Baker to perform all functions of bread production, including:
- Scaling ingredients
- Mixing dough
- Shaping loaves
- Loading and unloading an oven with a peel
Participating in packaging and daily cleaning
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2+ years experience working in an artisan bakery
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be a good problem solver
- Have the ability to maintain focus while performing a variety of tasks
Be able to work early morning shifts (approx. 2AM – 10AM)
This position is 5-6 days per week, $30K - $40K per year.
If this sounds like you, please reply to this posting with a cover letter and resume with references. Include details about your knowledge of artisan bread production, and tell us a little bit about your career goals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Lucky Cat Bakery!
Summer in Alaska!
Two seasonal baking positions are open at Flying Squirrel Bakery Cafe, a small cafe in the funky, artistic, outdoorsy community of Talkeetna, Alaska. Gain valuable baking experience while being surrounded by Alaska rivers, mountains and forests.
We produce artisan and whole grain breads in a wood fired oven, creative pastries, and café-style foods with a slant toward healthy and Alaska grown.
More about the cafe at www.flyingsquirrelcafe.com.
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and with others in an open kitchen
- Passionate, organized, and a good sense of humor
- Interest in healthy baking and eating
Also hiring for prep/lunch/pizza cook, counter and barista positions.
Send serious inquiries/resumes to email@example.com
Assistant Head Baker
Izzio Artisan Bakery is an American style Artisan bread bakery founded in 1998 that specializes in long fermentation breads, exceedingly wet dough, and simple, all-natural ingredients. The owners of Izzio sold their gluten free bakeries to Boulder Brands in 2012 and have invested heavily in the National expansion of the Izzio brand and it’s unique, full-flavored Artisan Breads through frozen distribution channels. Currently Izzio Artisan Bakery goods are sold in 15 different States.
The Assistant Head Baker is a hands on manager that oversees our Artisan bread production team and ensures our team is producing the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. This position mentors, develops, and coaches associates by creating a collaborative work environment while ensuring food safety, GMP’s, and process controls are being followed while meeting quality standards.
- Manages the production team leads and team members in the manufacture of multiple lines of Artisan Bread.
- Maintains accurate bread formulas.
- Schedules/assigns shift staff tasks to meet Production schedules.
- Hires, trains, supervises and schedules a crew of bakers with varying degrees of experience in the bakery.
- Monitors food and labor costs, purchase orders and conducts accurate inventory.
- Tracks key indicators of the production team's performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, and labor costs and communicates these indicators to the team for further action
- Organizes production activities in timely and cost-effective fashion to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met
- Communicates the importance of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance
- Supervises and motivates team members by setting a good example with regard to attitude, work quality, safe practices, attendance, follow-through and organization.
- A minimum of three (3) years of hands on, supervisory experience in a bakery or food production environment or related industry.
- Extremely knowledgeable about bread science, baker’s percentage, formula development, working with wet doughs, slow fermentation, and alternative grains.
- Strong prior experience in all facets of processing (mixing, shaping, and baking) in a high volume artisan bakery and working knowledge of Artisan bread making methodology.
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc.
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards such as AIB (American Institute of Baking)
- Positive and professional communication and customer service skills
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or off shift hours
Relocation package available
Please email: RRobinson@ubarongroup.com
Artisan Bread Bakers and Pastry Chefs To Add To Our Team
Located in the historic, waterfront town of New Bern, North Carolina, we’re a scratch-made bakery focusing on artisan breads, pastries, and custom cakes. We will be providing both retail and wholesale.
Hiring bread bakers with experience with artisan breads and laminated pastries. Will be required to follow current formulas for all dough, shaping, and baking of breads.
Also hiring an experienced pastry chef to lead a team of pastry chefs in the production of all pastry and bakery items.
Benefits are available.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org