Do you have an oven to sell? Are you hiring a head baker? Post a classified ad on this page and reach a wide audience – each month our website is viewed by thousands of visitors who are involved in baking.
We regret that we cannot accept display ads.
Classified ads will be posted on the website within two working days after payment has been received and will stay up for three months.
Ads are listed in chronological order, with the most recent ads at the top of the page
Please e-mail your ad copy to us at email@example.com. Logos and photos should be sent as attachments in jpg format. We will then provide you with a cost quote and a payment form.
To view the rates for placing a classifed ad, click here.
If no ads are listed in any category, please check back later.
Search the Classifieds
To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Pastry & Bread Bakery - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Metropolitan Bakery is seeking an experienced baker with knowledge of pastry and bread production. Please email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Philadelphia, Fishtown Facility. Easily accessed from public transportation.
Full time positions are available.
Salary is competitive with marketplace.
- Knowledge of mixing doughs/batters for assorted breads, pastries and cakes.
- Experience with sourdough bread process including levains and poolish.
- Ability to fulfill production required to complete retail and wholesale needs.
- Ability to plan and organize production.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Shifts available: 3 am to 11 am, 4 am – 12 pm.
Head Bread Baker - Berkeley, California
Head Bread Baker
Starter Bakery has expanded into a new facility in Berkeley, CA and we are hiring an experienced Head Bread Baker to lead our new bread program. Since 2010 we have been making high quality, handcrafted artisan pastries and breads made with all natural, locally sourced ingredients.
- Managing the following production aspects of the shift: training, mixing, shaping, proofing, baking, finishing and packing of bread items, and cleaning.
- Responsible for management of the bread team and processes.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Working collaboratively with ownership to develop and implement a new, expanded bread program
- Maintaining staffing schedule ensuring smooth operation of shift
- On-boarding, hiring, training & development, and termination procedures
- Managing the cleanliness and organization of bread department
- Monitoring product for QA/QC to maintain the quality standards of the bakery.
- Managing a team of 8-20 employees.
- Making corrective actions when & where necessary during shift.
- Insure that all employees are adhering to operational policies, specifications and procedures, GMP’s & SOP’s at all times.
- Must have excellent knowledge of artisan bread processes and equipment.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a bakery environment, minimum 3 years food supervisory experience.
- Ability to lead and maintain a positive environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills and a work ethic that seeks to exceed expectations.
- Strong coach/mentor. Able to direct and motivate team.
- Valid Food Handlers Card / Servsafe Certification and able to stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work fulltime and some weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary. Work/Life Balance. PTO. Kaiser Health Insurance. Yearly bonus. Generous discounts. Fun, collaborative work culture. Growth opportunities.
- Please send us a cover letter, copy of your resume and 3 references for consideration to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Pastry Chef & Artisan Bakers- Sacramento, CA
Estelle Bakery & Patisserie is a French-inspired bakery located in Sacramento. We value tradition, produce only the highest quality baked goods, and readily embrace innovation and creativity. We are seeking a pastry chef and artisan bakers with a passion for craftsmanship. We are opening a new retail location and hiring all levels, both part-time and full-time. Please submit your resume, portfolio, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artisan Bread Baker - Boise, Idaho
Award-winning Zeppole Baking Company is seeking an experienced Artisan Bread Baker. We’ve just brought in a new Bakery General Manager with 30 years of experience in some large east coast bakery operations. We are looking for someone to partner with him to create our locally celebrated breads. The right candidate will come with experience in artisan baking, but will be trained here to mastery in all aspects of the work and the business.
If you're a baker with ambition, we are the place for you! Potential for advancement to Shift Supervisor and Shift Manager position for the right candidate.
Zeppole Bakery is based in beautiful Boise, Idaho, which is considered one of the top places to live in the United States. Boise offers a safe and clean environment, with friendly people, a mild four season climate and unlimited outdoor recreational opportunities.
If this position sparks your interest, and you possess prior artisan baking experience, please email your resume to our Bakery General Manager at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Experienced Bread & Croissant Baker – San Luis Obispo, California
Breaking Bread Bakery in San Luis Obispo, California is a mid-sized bakery in our 9th year of business. Currently, our artisan bread, croissants, and other baked goods are sold over our retail counter, at 9 or 10 weekly farmers markets, and to a handful of specialty restaurants and brew houses. We have had our busiest months this past Spring and Summer.
Our lead baker is leaving us to be closer to family. We are looking for an experienced artisan baker who will be a Shift Manager, oversee croissant products and production, and produce bread in conjunction with the co-owner. We are taking this opportunity to explore some interesting options to change our business. The right applicant can be a big part of that. Hourly wage or salary will be dependent on your experience. We review and adjust compensation after 30 days.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in retail or wholesale bakery
- Knowledge of sourdough and yeasted preferments
- Experience with laminated dough and croissant production
- Ability to develop a product from idea to sales using available equipment and skills
- Ability to lead one or two co-workers and maintain appropriate interactions
- Ability to talk effectively with customers
- Must be able to lift 50# bags and work on your feet for 8 hours at a time
This opportunity is in the heart of California’s beautiful Central Coast. Enjoy beautiful weather year round, and hike, surf, or visit wineries on your days off. Send your resume and cover letter to Mark via firstname.lastname@example.org
R&D Baker - Louisville, Colorado
Izzio Artisan Bakery is a fast-growing national artisan bread bakery focused on providing our customers with great breads created using traditional methods and the best possible ingredients. Our people are a major part of our process and success.
We are looking to hire an experienced R&D Baker for our plant in Louisville, CO reporting to our COO.
This position is responsible for leading efforts involved in new product/process development and improvements. This position initiates, evaluates, plans, executes, and reports on activities related to the development of new products, improvements, or cost savings ideas. Must ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned projects and meet executive leadership expectations.
- Researches, tests, and implements new formulation, process improvements, and cost savings projects.
- Works with the Sales team to develop and formulate new or existing products. Scale products from bench to commercial stage.
- Creates production procedures for new products, including creating production recipes and process guidelines.
- Works with Production Management to ensure employees are properly trained to produce new products to set specifications.
- Troubleshoots product and processes as it relates to recipes.
- Maintains an accurate record of work activities; objectives of test, accurate formulas, processing condition, required equipment, and equipment setup.
- Works together with Production and Quality Departments to ensure new products are within specifications and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in R&D or Bakery science in a commercial manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of bread recipe and formulation,
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership Skills –demonstrate good leadership skills; provide support to the management team; able to effectively lead a cross-functional group.
- Strong Analytical Skills — quantitative and qualitative analysis; ability to identify the significant factors of an issue; employ creativity in identifying causes, implications, and remedies; demonstrate a balance between theoretical and practical solutions.
- Initiative — ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills — efficient and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization; builds and maintains strong relationships with peers.
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Bread Baker - Middlesex, Vermont
COME MAKE BREAD WITH US! We’re looking for someone who enjoys work that exercises your body and your mind and is interested in pursuing the craft of bread making. Professional food experience is required. Red Hen is a mid-sized bread bakery focused on hand-crafted breads. We are committed to using high quality, organic ingredients and work with many local farmers to source these. We opened in 1999 and remain dedicated to the integrity of the bread baking processes and creating an environment for our bakers to thrive. This is a full-time job (four 10 hour shifts each week, including weekend shifts). We offer great pay and benefits including paid vacation/sick days, retirement plan, and health insurance. Contact Randy at 802-223-5200 x12 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bread Baker & Delivery Driver - St. Paul, Minnesota
Join a dedicated team of professionals at Patisserie 46/Rose Street Bread Lab in St. Paul, MN!
- Preferred: 2 years experience, knowledge in natural sourdough leavening, pre-ferments, shaping & fermentation
- Must be able to work with a team to prepare wholesale & retail products
- Must be able to work independently & productively
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Preferred: experience with artisan breads, working with spiral mixer
- This is a full time opportunity with compensation based on experience
- Packing and Delivery of both internal transfers between company locations and wholesale deliveries
- Hourly position, 30-40 hrs/wk – compensation based on experience
- Driving background check required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Direct resumes to John/Kate at email@example.com
Assistant Bread Production Manager - Durham, North Carolina
Guglhupf Bakery, Patisserie & Café (www.guglhupf.com) is an independently owned, established and award winning artisan bakery operating in Durham, NC. We are a multi-faceted company with bakery, café and restaurant operations, in a fast-growing area with a lot of growth potential. We are seeking an experienced Assistant Bread Production Manager to join our 6-person bread baking team and help lead it into the future.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of management level experience in a “from scratch” bakery utilizing high hydration and long-fermentation doughs, working with natural leavens, soakers and grains.
Since this is a hands-on position, candidates must be well rounded in all aspects of artisan bread baking processes. In addition, candidates must be able to develop and nurture a strong team environment, be productive under pressure, work at a fast pace, and have a strong desire to be part of a leading bakery that’s built on craftsmanship and quality.
The Assistant Bread Production Manager will assist the Production Manager with daily operations and workflow, such as production planning, product development, quality control, training, food costing and inventory management.
This position is a career track for the Production Manager position.
We have been in operation for 22 years as a market-leading company, and are looking for the next generation of our leadership team.
We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience, group health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, and company discounts.
Send comprehensive resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Bread Bakers - Miami, Florida
ZAK THE BAKER Now Hiring Senior Bread Bakers
- Starting Pay $20/hr
- 4 days/wk ~ 40hrs/wk
- health care
- relocation assistance
- Must have: 5 years+ experience in professional artisan bread bakery.
- Must have: advanced knowledge in natural leavens, whole grain flours, high hydration, bakers formula, etc.
- Email: email@example.com with cover letter and CV.
Now Hiring Production Manager and Experienced Bakers - Cary, North Carolina
LA FARM BAKERY in CARY, NC, SEEKS A KEY MEMBER OF OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! We’d love for you to learn about our passion for bread, commitment to quality and tradition, and our company values.
We are urgently hiring an experienced bakery production manager and experienced bakers!
The Production Manager oversees our bakery and pastry staff while promoting a positive work environment that encourages engagement, motivation and productivity. You will assist management in directing, controlling, and executing bakery operations to La Farm systems and policies. We will look to you to implement La Farm’s human resource system, including interviewing, hiring, training, and developing staff. The production manager embodies La Farm values through action, example and communication: Exceed Customer Expectations, Quality, Dignity, Community, Learning, Teaching and Innovation.
At La Farm Bakery, the bar is high! We’re looking for top talent to play an integral role in our local, authentic European Bread Bakery – and we give much in return. In addition to strong pay, we provide group medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, and discounts on our super tasty products!
Some specifics about our ideal candidate:
- Previous professional from-scratch baking experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience
- Strong production skills, technique, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability to develop new items, bring a progressive approach to the team, and ensure product freshness
- Analytical ability and math proficiency to monitor profitability, process and analyze financial information of daily operations
- Demonstrated Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to solve business related problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational skills (detail oriented, goal oriented, follow through)
- Great relationship building skills and demonstrated positive demeanor as a team player
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and multitask.
- Flexibility required: Weekends required, holiday work required, two days off (not consecutive).
Read on to learn more about La Farm Bakery!
Our loaves are hand-crafted daily in a variety flavors, shapes, and sizes. The entire production process occurs on-site from the hand shaping and the slow rising of the bread, to the exact moment when it comes out of our specialty European stone-hearth oven. We use unbleached, unbromated flours and only the freshest ingredients. We work with local farmers and millers who provide stone-ground organic flour. There are no frozen starters, no shortcuts; no preservatives or artificial ingredients – just old-world artisan bread baking, and a passion and commitment to tradition, quality, and health.
Baker - Wilmington, North Carolina
Wilmington North Carolina’s oldest bakery, Apple Annie’s Bake Shop, is looking for the perfect candidate to join their growing team. We have been in Wilmington for 35 years and are situated just minutes from gorgeous Wrightsville Beach, the Cape Fear River, and Historic Downtown Wilmington. We provide wholesale distribution to many restaurants throughout the Cape Fear region and are a retail bakery as well. The right candidate for us is someone who thinks of baking as a career and understands the hard work, dedication, and skill that goes into this truly great craft.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Making & molding various doughs by hand
- Baking breads, pastries, cakes, and more
- Scaling, mixing, and panning various batters and doughs
- Greasing pans
- Baking cookies, scones, & pies
- Making custards, puddings, icings, and more
Requirements to apply include:
- Must be able to regularly lift 50+ pounds
- Must be available early mornings and weekends - shifts can start as early as 3am.
- Must have at least 3 years professional baking experience and/or a degree in Baking/Culinary Arts
E-mail your resume and cover letter to CoraF@AppleAnniesBakeShop.com to apply.
Overnight Baker - Missoula, Montana
BLACK CAT BAKE SHOP, in beautiful Missoula, Montana, is in search of an experienced baker for an Overnight position
- Good working knowledge of bread making: mixing, scaling, shaping and baking
- Experience with croissants and Danish
Schedule: 10 pm - 6 am, five days a week, closed Sun-Mon
Additional training available. Salary negotiable and includes tips. Separate in-law unit on a beautiful horse farm available at no cost on a temporary basis if relocating to accept the position.
To apply, call Jack at 406-493-7889.
Executive Bread Baker - Washington, D.C.
A BAKED JOINT is a family bakery & cafe in the heart of DC established in 2015. We are proud to have been named Best Bakery by The Washington Post!
We are now seeking a passionate, experienced, and organized Executive Bread Baker to lead our skilled baker team and continue the dedication to serving delicious breads to Washington, D.C..
- Minimum of 3 years bread baking experience and 1 year Head Bread Baker experience.
- Strong understanding of naturally leavened breads and laminated doughs.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication skills and the ability to problem-solve in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and passion to create new bread and pastries.
- Inventory management and cost control expertise.
- Experience in hiring, training, scheduling, and team development.
- Experience in production scheduling and wholesale account management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
Baker/Bagel Maker - Baltimore, Maryland
Bottoms Up Bagels seeks an intellectually curious, organized, reliable baker/bagel maker to help take our production capacity to the next level! We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent attention to detail and follow through to prepare bagels for morning baking and distribution. In the process you will join a nimble and dynamic Team and help shape the future of our growing brand.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Setting up baking and production area
- Attending to dough from mixing through boiling, topping and baking
- Checking for doneness, cooling and packaging items for distribution
- Completing and managing production logs and weekly dough inventory
- Cleaning and sanitizing work stations and equipment during each shift
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for and/or interest in baking in early mornings
- Knowledge of common kitchen measurements and conversions
- Display and use of practical math competency
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking
- Dependability and trustworthiness are a must
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Are you a hard-working communicator with integrity whose desire to craft a consistent product is evident in your thinking, words and actions? If so, we'd love you to join our growing team of bagel-makers and every day make-betterers at Bottoms Up Bagels!
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bottoms Up Bagels was founded in Baltimore in 2015 as a small batch pop up bagel shop. We prepare handmade, authentic NJ style bagels (yes, we boil them), house cured lox and specialty cream cheeses daily. Inspired by traditions of bagel-making dating back to the 1940s, BUB makes the everyday exceptional by consistently offering quality, handmade products at an affordable price, while providing superior service and experiences.