Do you have an oven to sell? Are you hiring a head baker? Post a classified ad on this page and reach a wide audience – each month our website is viewed by thousands of visitors who are involved in baking.
We regret that we cannot accept display ads.
Classified ads will be posted on the website within two working days after payment has been received and will stay up for three months.
Ads are listed in chronological order, with the most recent ads at the top of the page
Please e-mail your ad copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Logos and photos should be sent as attachments in jpg format. We will then provide you with a cost quote and a payment form.
To view the rates for placing a classifed ad, click here.
If no ads are listed in any category, please check back later.
Search the Classifieds
To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Floriole Bakery and Cafe is a farm-to-table, rustic, French-inspired bakery. Our core values are based on close relationships with farmers, strong team members who love what they do, and top-notch artisan products. We proudly use locally sourced wheat, rye, and other grains that are milled just for us. All of our breads are handmade in small batches, and most are naturally leavened.
The Head Baker is the leader of the bread team, working directly with bakery owners, Sandra and Mathieu Holl, to determine bread team goals. He or she supervises the Assistant Baker and the team of bread bakers and coordinates with the managers of both BOH and FOH teams to keep the bakery running smoothly. The Head Baker also communicates directly with wholesale clients.
The ideal candidate should be professional and career-oriented.
- 50% Produce quality bread for wholesale and retail
- 30% Manage small production team, Hiring/firing, training (including FOH education)
- 10% Coordinate and communicate with wholesale clients
- 10% Develop new menu items and improve existing items. Costing and pricing.
- Advanced knowledge of bread production
- Advanced knowledge of naturally leavened breads
- Basic culinary knowledge and technique
- Basic proficiency with Excel
- Problem solving
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- This is a physical job that requires being on your feet for an 10 hr. shift.
- Work in extreme temperature changes (hot to cold), and work weekends
Please respond to email@example.com with resume, cover letter, and “Head Baker” in the subject line.
Artisan Bread Baker
The Market Basket, northern New Jersey’s premier gourmet food destination in affluent Franklin Lakes, NJ, is looking for an experienced Artisan Bread Baker. We need a baker who is committed to producing high-quality, consistent work, both independently and with a team. Candidates must have experience with artisanal bread baking.
Job type: Full-time,
Day shifts 7:00am -4:00pm, but flexibility may be possible for the right candidate.
Wage: Competitive, based on experience. Benefits available.
Preferred experience: Previous experience in a professional kitchen/bakery.
- Laminate and shape doughs
- Bake at a deck oven
- Mix preferments, feeding and maintaining starter cultures
- Shape and score loaves
- Further develop our growing bread program with your own creations
- Operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and remain calm under pressure
- Preferred applicants will also have the following:
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient and clean work style
- Collaborate with the rest of kitchen staff to manage time effectively
- Current food handlers card upon hire
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Interested candidates can email resumes or letters of interest to: Dougb@MarketBasket.com
Baker Support Specialist II
Drawing on their baking knowledge and experience, the Customer Support Bakers Specialists are the core of King Arthur Flour's Baker's Hotline. Bakers Specialists act as the "go to" support for our customers and all of their baking adventures (and misadventures). The Bakers Specialists continue to expand their baking knowledge through involvement in our Test Kitchen and department-sponsored baking classes.
Within Customer Support, the Bakers Specialist will support the larger CS team in any capacity necessary, including handling customer orders, responding to customer inquiries, email, chat, and related duties.
For a full job description, click here.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastry Baker Level I
King Arthur Flour in Norwich, Vermont, is hiring a Pastry Baker Level I. Experience in both bread and pastry is a plus. We are looking to add a baker to work predominately on the pastry side of our bakery.
Preferred for candidate to have experience in a hands-on production bakery, with proven ability to produce consistent, high-quality products.
For a full job description, visit www.kingarthurflour.com/jobs.
Send resume to email@example.com
Artisan Bread Baker
Hewn, an artisan bakery in Evanston, IL, is looking for an experienced Artisan Bread Baker. We make naturally fermented artisan breads and pastries by hand every day, using 100% locally sourced organic flour and grains.
We need a baker who is committed to producing high-quality, consistent work, both independently and with a team. Candidates must have experience with artisanal bread baking and be able to lift 50 lbs.
We are located in the middle of Evanston's burgeoning food scene, just minutes from Chicago and within walking distance to Lake Michigan. We offer a collaborative working environment in a vibrant community.
Pay is competitive. We offer health care benefits to all full-time employees.
Please email your cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the Rise Artisan Breads is looking to add to our bread team.
We are a traditional bakery that focuses on technique while also highlighting local ingredients and supporting our local restaurants. We supply bread to Cleveland's top restaurants including all of Zach Bruell’s establishments, Jonathon Sawyer’s Greenhouse Tavern, Karen Small’s Flying Fig, Quicken Loans Arena for all home Cavs games, and many more.
Each of our doughs has been meticulously formulated not only to maximize flavor and texture but also to fit within our production schedule. Production starts at 2:30 in the morning and continues throughout the day, each shift with a varying start time. We go through 600-1,200 pounds of dough daily.
We are looking for individuals with experience, especially those who feel comfortable working as a part of a team to get through the busy morning production.
We offer benefits and vacation, and always promote from within.
If you are looking for a bakery to grow with, please send your resume to Brianevans@ontheriseartisanbreads.com
Baker / Cook
Camp Ballibay is a haven for young artists, ages 8-16, in Northeast Pennsylvania. Established in 1964, we are, since 2011, the #1 rated Arts Camp in North America, and our goal is to have the BEST CAMP FOOD anywhere.
We emphasize scratch cooking, local, sustainably produced ingredients, and great diversity at each meal, from the traditionally kid-friendly to the adventurous. In 2012 we appeared in the New York Times Food & Wine section for our innovative camp cuisine.
We seek a baker/cook to run our high-quality baking and pastry department. Dates: ASAP through August 12 (flexible). Foodservice: 200 kids and adults, 21 meals per week, kitchen staff of 10.
Baked goods include a variety of breads, pizzas, cookies, fruit pies and desserts, whole grain breads, gluten free and vegan items, snacks, etc. Work is paid, barter for camp tuition, or a combination.
Send resume and letter to: email@example.com
A special opportunity for a respected craft at the Polo Club of Boca Raton in Florida.
The Polo Club culinary team, led by master chef Edward Leonard, is seeking an artisan baker.
If you love baking, doughs, starters, using the best flours and ingredients to produce an array of breads, rolls, pizza doughs, and breakfast pastries, then this is the job for you!
The bread flour and water room is a private space reserved for all bread production. The position entails the daily production of an assortment of specialty rolls, breads, and breakfast pastries for special events and brunch. We are not open for breakfast.
This is a great chance to excel at your craft and be part of the Polo Club’s culinary pride program.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Culinary education or apprenticeship program.
- Three to five years’ experience in a recognized bakery program.
- Experience in natural starters, making a biga, feeding and developing starters.
- European education and/or training is a plus.
If you have a desire to be the best you can be, be part of a winning team, develop your brand in a premier club setting, then you should apply!
The Polo Club is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, looking to employ the finest professionals.
For job description and to apply, visit our website: www.poloclub.net (under Career Opportunities tab).
The Model Bakery at Oxbow Public Market in Napa, CA, is looking for a Bread Baker who has some experience with artisan breads. We are willing to train the right person.
- Responsible for scaling and shaping a variety of breads
- Ability to scale and shape at a pace the production requires
- General knowledge of production methods and organization of bread production
- Ability to demonstrate proper techniques to new bakers
- General knowledge and understanding of bakers' math and fermentation
- Proper feeding and preferment mixing
- Scaling of next day's production and ingredients
- Maintaining prep levels
- Cleaning of production area
- Prep of next day materials: i.e. bus tubs, loaf pans, etc.
- Maintaining organized and clean work stations
- Must have good time management skills and strong organization
Please apply in person at 644 First St., Bldg. B, Napa, CA, 94559 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
See our website: www.themodelbakery.com for more information.
Pastry Chef - Rochester, NY
Growing bakery & café concept is looking for an Assistant Lead Pastry Chef to work alongside our outstanding French Pastry Chef Jean Claude Carvin in Rochester, NY. This is an incredible growth opportunity for a focused professional.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE BAKERY & CAFE
We are a French-influenced scratch bakery & café multi-unit concept that collaborates with team members to deliver exceptional foods and memorable experiences. We are part of a small, progressive restaurant group that operates multiple concepts throughout the Northeast. We are all about culture and environment, and offer market leading compensation packages (including a 401K).
- Good character - strong work ethic - kind.
- Culinary degree in pastry, or tangible work experience
- Have strong leadership skills and work well under pressure
- Oversee all pastry production both for daily stock and special orders
- Manage and assist in development of daily, seasonal, and special order offerings
- Manage and oversee baking team
- Maintain inventory
Share creative ideas
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, please.
Bread Baker – Colectivo Coffee/Troubadour Bakery, Milwaukee, WI
Founded in 1993, Colectivo Coffee has grown from a roaster in a small warehouse to an award-winning coffee company and collection of best-in-craft products. In addition to roasting coffee at the highest level, we also operate Troubadour Bakery, delivering a range of hand-made foods, artisan breads and scratch-baked goodies. Our family of distinct cafes continues to grow, each unique in design and experience - garnering numerous architectural awards and national recognition. Our Letterbox Tea, Colectivo Keg Company beer, specialty chocolates, and curated mix of artful items bring together a collective brand experience unlike any other retailer in our industry.
The Troubadour Bakery is looking for a Bread Baker. The Bread Baker produces artisan breads and artisan laminated pastries. Specific responsibilities include accurately following formulas in the preparation of all dough, shaping and scoring loaves, and assuring all finished baked products meet quality standards. The ideal candidate is able to develop and maintain effective working relationships, work quickly and efficiently, and is able to learn quickly.
Colectivo is an EEO/M/F/V/H employer. We offer benefits including vacation time, health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, a bicycle commuter benefit program, and free coffee products and discounted food/retail products.
If interested in applying, please fill out an application online at www.colectivocoffee.com/careers.
Marla Bakery Restaurant is looking for 2 dedicated, full-time bread and pastry team members to join us in the pursuit of handmade delectables.
- Working with a wide range of naturally fermented artisanal breads and viennoiserie in an environment that is dedicated to quality, curiosity, and delicious food.
Utilizing San Francisco’s only wood-fired bread oven a daily basis.
- You can’t be afraid of early mornings; they’re a real thing, and they will be part of your daily working ritual. (However, we have the best coffee in San Francisco on hand to ease the pain).
We’d like to see at least 1 year of bread and/or pastry experience.
Compensation is based on experience ($15-$20/hr).
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maison Kayser USA in New York, NY, is an artisanal French bakery and café which originated in Paris, France, founded by world-renowned baker, Eric Kayser, in 1996. From the very beginning, we have constantly sourced the best quality ingredients to create delicious products. We also seek passionate and hardworking people to help us create and ultimately deliver those products with excellent service and incredible overall experience to our guests.
- Follow the production schedule given by the Head Baker to bake a variety and quantity of different types of breads.
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough, according to recipes.
- Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls and bread and related products.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in oven. Observe products while baking and adjust controls.
- Use a variety of kitchen tools, including large mixers, dough divider, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
- Monitor baking process according Maison Kayser’s standard recipe and identify needed adjustments.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head Baker.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in bread and related production; French baking highly desired
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is highly preferred
- Clean uniforms provided daily
- Free delicious meal
- Paid sick time after 4 months of continuous employment
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discount from all Maison Kayser stores
- Opportunity for continuous professional development
If interested, please email your resume to: Lbaez@maisonkayserusa.com posted 5/24/17
Two Knives Catering & Bakery in Amarillo, TX, is currently looking to hire a baker to work and train in the creation of artisan breads and pastries. We are upgrading and expanding our bakery footprint. Our artisan breads, pastries, and croissants are all house-made each day.
Job type: Full-time, but flexibility may be possible for the right candidate.
Wage: Competitive, based on experience
Preferred experience: Previous experience in a professional kitchen
- Laminate and shape doughs
- Bake at a deck oven
- Mix preferments, feeding and maintaining starter cultures
- Preparation of mise en place
- Shape and score loaves
Operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and remain calm under pressure
Preferred applicants will also have the following:
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient and clean work style
- Collaborate with the rest of kitchen staff to manage time effectively
Current food handlers card upon hire
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Are you a proficient line cook looking to expand your career horizons and skill set?
We're looking for an entry-level bread baker for perennial Charleston, SC, favorite, Butcher & Bee. Good attitude, culinary experience (preferably as a line cook) and solid work history are musts, but no bread baking experience is required.
ABOUT BUTCHER & BEE
We are a nationally recognized restaurant with a beautiful, purpose-built, in-house baking kitchen featuring top of the line equipment - Miwe deck ovens, a roll-in rack oven, retarder-proofers, separate shaping and baking rooms - and the space and support to make gorgeous food. In addition to supplying the bread for our own full service operation, we supply other outstanding Charleston restaurants and cafes with our bread and pastries, including our sister cafe, The Daily.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our bread and pastry teams are led by Cynthia Wong, a four-time semifinalist for the James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef. We are proud of our family atmosphere, free of drama, macho kitchen antics, and massive egos. Teamwork is #1, and we are a close-knit group. We share the common goal of mutual success, supporting each other's accomplishments, and encouraging each other through tough days.
- We're keen to find someone who enjoys repetition and routine, is eager to learn and finds joy in creating a consistent product from start to finish.
- We're willing to train and don't require bread baking experience - but you must be passionate about beautiful bread and pastries or fermentation, have a minimum of one year culinary experience, good references and a diehard work ethic and be able to commit to early morning hours.
This is a great opportunity to learn from and be mentored by the best in the business. All we ask of you is that you possess a good attitude, be a friendly, open team player who can follow a lead, be able to take constructive criticism, and work to improve your craft.
Primary duties will include scaling ingredients, shaping buns, rolls, and loaves, baking off buns, and scoring and baking bread.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and why you're interested in the position.
Are you looking for a change and ready to move to a beautiful, sunny, affordable city with a fantastic, growing food scene? Butcher & Bee Charleston, SC, is looking for a Head Bread Baker.
We are a nationally recognized restaurant with a beautiful, purpose-built, in-house baking kitchen featuring equipment such as Miwe deck ovens, a roll-in rack oven, Doyon retarder-proofers, separate shaping and baking rooms, and the space and support to make gorgeous food. We will be opening our retail in-house bakery soon, and we currently supply other outstanding Charleston restaurants and cafes with our bread and pastries, including our sister cafe, The Daily.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our bread and pastry teams are lead by Cynthia Wong, a three-time James Beard Award for Outstanding Pastry Chef semifinalist. We are proud of our family atmosphere, free of substance abuse, macho kitchen antics, and massive egos. Team work is #1. We share the common goal of mutual success, supporting each others' accomplishments and encouraging each other through tough days. If you believe that being humbled is an essential part of learning, living. and improving your craft, you will love working with us.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- This is a salaried, hands-on, working, managerial position, with benefits such as health care, matching 3% contributions to a simple IRA, paid vacation, and educational opportunities. Pay is competitive and based on experience.
- Bake baguettes, ciabatta, lobster rolls, burger buns, levain, pita.
- Lead a bakery team of 2-3 assistants with a positive management style
- Work under the guidance of Executive Pastry Chef/ Bakery Manager
- Mix and shape doughs using artisan techniques
- Create new hearth breads for wholesale and retail sales with an exceptional amount of support and creative control
Daily bakery cleaning duties including weekly deep clean
- Have a minimum of 3 years artisan baking experience.
- Have a driver's license and reliable transportation
- Be excited, passionate, and educated about food and life
- Be a friendly, open team player who can lead and follow a lead.
- Be able to take constructive criticism and work to improve your craft
Early morning hours
This is a fantastic opportunity for a young, bright baker to make his or her mark on Charleston's exciting, developing food scene. Our awesome city offers affordable living, beautiful beaches, wonderful sunshine, good schools, and decent traffic.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, telling us why you want to be a part of our team.
PM Commissary Manager
Manresa Bread in Los Gatos, CA, is looking for a full time PM Manager of our commissary.
Work hours 5:00 pm to 2:00 am. Schedule: Wednesday - Sunday. Days off Monday/Tuesday.
Main Duties: Oversees entire commissary facilities and baking of product during overnight shift. This individual ensures quality and consistency of product while hitting target production numbers with accuracy.
Preferred if candidate has prior experience managing several staff members.
Required Experience: Must have prior experience as a lead baker and....
- Mix of both pastry and bread experience.
- Production and baking of laminated doughs.
- Production and baking of sourdough.
- Ability to organize and manage a baking and production schedule.
- Good oral and written communication skills with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to lead teams effectively.
- Ability to teach and coach team members with positive feedback.
Comfortable with producing high volume levels of both bread and pastry, i.e. weekly average pastry production is 10,000 pieces, 3,500 pieces of bread
This individual must be able to stand a majority of the day and carry up to 35-50 pounds on a regular basis.
About Manresa Bread Commissary
Manresa Bread was born out of the kitchen of Chef David Kinch's Michelin 3-star Manresa restaurant. We created Manresa Bread with the vision of being village bakery, featuring an ever-changing selection of breads and pastries. We focus on classic techniques and utilize the best ingredients available to create our breads and pastries fresh daily.
To apply, email HR@manresarestaurant.com with your resume and a paragraph about i) when you can start working, and ii) why you're interested in working for our company.
All-natural bakery/cafe, specializing in handcrafted breads, cakes, pastries, and full café menu, is looking for responsible, positive individuals who will enjoy being part of a team in a casual professional environment in our bread department. We have two full- time positions, both requiring at least one weekend day.
These position are involved with every aspect of the bread and morning pastry production, including laminating, mixing, shaping, and baking. We are proud to produce everything from scratch, using traditional methods. Applicant must be self-motivated and accepting of product quality critique. Early morning hours make for afternoons full of free time. Commercial baking experience is highly recommended.
We are a fast-growing company with strong ties to our community. Located in a small, bustling seacoast town on the Maine/New Hampshire border, we are busy year-round and in need of two additional team members.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits for those individuals who are willing to do what it takes to provide the highest quality service and products to our valued customers.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at Beach Pea Baking Company.
Overnight Bread Baker
Manresa Bread (San Francisco Bay Area) is looking for an experienced baker to join our team!
Job responsibilities include shaping and baking our signature breads, preparing PM mixes, and feeding starters and preferments.
Individual should be detail oriented, work with a sense of urgency, be a team player, well organized and curious about the production of baked goods.
Schedule: 5:00 pm to 1:30 am, Tuesday through Saturday (Days off Sun/Mon)
Minimum of 1 year of work experience baking bread.
About us: Manresa Bread was born out of the kitchen of Chef David Kinch’s Michelin 3-star Manresa restaurant. We created Manresa Bread with the vision of being village bakery, featuring an ever-changing selection of breads and pastries. We focus on classic techniques and utilize the best ingredients available to create our breads and pastries fresh daily. Check out our web site www.manresabread.com.
To apply email email@example.com with your resume and a paragraph about i) when you can start working, and ii) why you're interested in working for our company.
Kohnen's Country Bakery is seeking applicants for a full-time Head Baker to lead our team of bakers in creating our mouth-watering baked goods and artisan breads.
Kohnen's is a German-style bakery located in picturesque Tehachapi, California. At 4,000 feet elevation, Tehachapi offers the unrushed, relaxing, and friendly atmosphere of a mountain community, while still being close to many metropolitan cities. We are located two hours northeast of Los Angeles, four hours southwest of Las Vegas, and five hours south of San Francisco. With affordable housing, an award-winning school district, and numerous outdoor activities for the adventurous, our beautiful town has much to offer. We will even pay you to live here!
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience in both management and commercial bread/pastry baking.
- Applicants must be able to assist in mixing, forming, baking, and finishing a variety of scratch breads, rolls, pastries and other baked goods, while supervising a team of 4 to 6 bakers.
- Must be able to follow instructions and standard recipes, to include knowledge of measurements and basic math.
- Must be able to perform all physical tasks (able to lift 50 lbs above waist).
- Must be able to muti-task in a high-paced, high-volume environment.
- Must be fine with early-morning and night time hours, and understand weekend and holiday availability is necessary.
Qualified applicants must know their way around a commercial kitchen and must have working knowledge of mixers, ovens, and other commercial bakery equipment.
Please do not apply if you don't have bread baking and management experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Competitive pay scale
- Opportunity to be trained by Thomas Kohnen, a baker for over 30 years who completed a three year apprenticeship in West Germany as a Konditor (Confectionist), at Franz Bergen Dahl Bakery. He is a master at his trade.
If this sounds like a position for you, please email your resume and a cover letter to tell us about yourself and your passion and experience in baking. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bloom Bakery is seeking a full-time Head Baker in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame City, Cleveland, Ohio!
The Head Baker will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the overall production of bakery products (breads, pastries, lunch options, etc.) and the training and oversight of the production team, including mission staff (transitional employees). The Head Baker will be trained in the recipes formulated especially for the social enterprise bakery and then will be responsible for training other bakery production workers, overseeing quality and providing a structured, coaching-oriented supervisory style. Must be willing to work with trainees who have limited prior baking experience and may have had involvement with the criminal justice system.
We are looking for a passionate leader who has an eye for quality and is able to recognize when a product is below the accepted standard.
- The Head Baker should be able to follow the methods and recipes as laid down during the training process.
- The Head Baker should be able to inspire his/her team, set clear expectations, hold people accountable and support their success.
The Head Baker needs to be physically strong, and able to work on his/her feet for at least an 8-hour stretch.
The minimum qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Minimum of 4 years of restaurant operations experience.
- Bakery experience required.
- Strong supervision and coaching skills; experience leading highly effective and efficient teams.
- Proven experience training other staff in culinary/baking environment.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Wholesale Production Manager/Head Baker
Persephone Bakery, an established, thriving business in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is looking for a Wholesale Production Manager/ Head Baker to help us continue our growth and manage our baking operations.
The bakery creates artisanal breads and pastries, using the highest quality ingredients and traditional processes. Persephone is consistently recognized as the best bakery in Wyoming and has been written about in publications like the New York Times, The Washington Post, and Condé Nast Traveller.
Located at the base of the incredible Grand Teton range, Jackson Hole is a small but sophisticated town with a tourist-driven seasonal economy. It is a dream-come-true for those who enjoy nature and outdoor activities. Despite the town’s small size, there is an unparalleled food scene and a vibrant and a growing cultural community. It is a fun, dynamic place to work and build a future.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in making naturally leavened breads and French-style viennoiserie. He or she will be familiar with a variety of preferments as well as working with yeasted dough. We are looking for a hands-on team leader with a dynamic personality who can organize and inspire a small but diverse team of bakers. This individual will be passionate about bread and have the creative ability to experiment with new ideas, ingredients, and methodologies. Should have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Spanish language skills are preferred.
- Setting daily production schedules and shift schedules for bread bakers.
- Operation of computer-based production and inventory systems.
- Training and mentoring new staff, providing feedback and performance reviews.
- Creating training materials
- Managing incoming wholesale orders and maintaining client/vendor relationships.
Production-based management position. Flexible schedule includes early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and repetitively lift 50 pounds safely.
This is a full-time salaried career position. Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. We offer full insurance coverage and a 401K retirement plan, in addition to three weeks paid vacation in the spring/fall, and a season ski pass. Profit sharing and/or partnership possibilities are available for an ambitious baker who wants to be a committed part of an expanding business.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website at PersephoneBakery.com, and fill out the online application located on our Employment page.
The properties that are inspired by Chef Thomas Keller provide an authentic French experience in both esthetic and quality of our offerings.
Our properties continue to grow in guest loyalty and production demands, and we are seeking talented bread team members to join in our growth. Bring your enthusiasm and talent to our culinary brigade.
The Bread Baker assists with overseeing/coordinating all aspects of bread production in keeping with the company's standards of food quality and cleanliness, with a focus on creating an unparalleled guest experience.
Ideal candidates possess a formal culinary education with a concentration in baking, 1-2 years of professional baking experience, and at least 1 year working experience as a Chef de Partie. Qualified applicants have strong leadership and organizational skills, along with a desire to elevate the guest experience through quality and service.
Who we are:
Thomas Keller is regarded as a world leader in the culinary profession. The properties and people he inspires are dedicated to setting new restaurant standards in service, cuisine and employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the industry. We proudly represent the French Laundry, per se, Bouchon, Bouchon Bakery and Ad Hoc. We seek inspired candidates who are passionate about food, wine, and service.
Looking for other opportunities with our group? Check out open positions on ThomasKeller.com/careers!
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse staff and strongly encourage qualified minority and female candidates to apply for all positions.
Are You Looking for a Growth Opportunity Baking Award-Winning Breads at a Bakery With Bakers Committed to Quality and Teamwork?
Then join us at Albemarle Baking Company in Charlottesville, VA. Minutes from the Blue Ridge Mountains and home to a vibrant food scene, you will be working with some of the finest folks around.
We are passionate about customer service and baking exceptional breads and pastries. We source the finest ingredients, local and regional when possible, and many are grown and made by nationally recognized farmers and artisans who share our standards and commitment.
Successful candidates will possess strong communication and leadership skills. Their work ethic will lead them to bake with passion, maintain an eye for quality, and relish fast-paced production. They will have experience baking from scratch using traditional methods, with knowledge of mixing, dividing, shaping, and baking breads and laminated pastries.