Do you have an oven to sell? Are you hiring a head baker? Post a classified ad on this page and reach a wide audience – each month our website is viewed by thousands of visitors who are involved in baking.
We regret that we cannot accept display ads.
Classified ads will be posted on the website within two working days after payment has been received and will stay up for three months.
Ads are listed in chronological order, with the most recent ads at the top of the page
Please e-mail your ad copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Logos and photos should be sent as attachments in jpg format. We will then provide you with a cost quote and a payment form.
To view the rates for placing a classifed ad, click here.
If no ads are listed in any category, please check back later.
Search the Classifieds
To search other classified postings, please click on the appropriate category.
Experienced Bread Baker - Washington, D.C.
A BAKED JOINT is in search of an experienced bread baker! We are a family bakery & cafe in the heart of DC. You’ll be joining our team of passionate bakers dedicated to producing high quality, naturally leavened, handcrafted bread.
- Have a strong understanding of, and appreciation for, fermentation and the role it plays in the dough’s development and flavor.
- Able to short / gently dough mix with long fermentation, incorporating folding for development
- Able to confidently work with high hydration doughs ( from mixing to shaping)
- Efficient and consistent hand shaping techniques (for a variety of bread shapes)
- Experience baking in a steam injected deck oven.
To apply, email email@example.com with resume, contact info for one reference, desired start date and a bit about why they are a good fit for our team.
Baker/Bagel Maker - Baltimore, Maryland
Bottoms Up Bagels seeks an intellectually curious, organized, reliable baker/bagel maker to help take our production capacity to the next level! We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit with excellent attention to detail and follow through to prepare bagels for morning baking and distribution. In the process you will join a nimble and dynamic Team and help shape the future of our growing brand.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Setting up baking and production area
- Attending to dough from mixing through boiling, topping and baking
- Checking for doneness, cooling and packaging items for distribution
- Completing and managing production logs and weekly dough inventory
- Cleaning and sanitizing work stations and equipment during each shift
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion for and/or interest in baking in early mornings
- Knowledge of common kitchen measurements and conversions
- Display and use of practical math competency
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking
- Dependability and trustworthiness are a must
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Are you a hard-working communicator with integrity whose desire to craft a consistent product is evident in your thinking, words and actions? If so, we'd love you to join our growing team of bagel-makers and every day make-betterers at Bottoms Up Bagels!
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bottoms Up Bagels was founded in Baltimore in 2015 as a small batch pop up bagel shop. We prepare handmade, authentic NJ style bagels (yes, we boil them), house cured lox and specialty cream cheeses daily. Inspired by traditions of bagel-making dating back to the 1940s, BUB makes the everyday exceptional by consistently offering quality, handmade products at an affordable price, while providing superior service and experiences.
Production Baker - Cleveland Heights, Ohio
About us- Our mission at On the Rise Artisan Breads is to provide a European style artisan bakery experience to individuals and restaurants in the Downtown and Greater Cleveland area. Our passion lies in providing the highest quality of both products and service through meticulous attention to detail on the quality of the ingredients used, the techniques in which those ingredients are manipulated, and the way in which those final products are served to our customers. In addition creating an environment for artistic expression in both the flavor and presentation of our final products.
Overview- We are looking to add to our morning production team. As the newest member of our team you will assist the other morning bakers in various areas of production, from mixing to hand shaping. Learning our production flow and ultimately settling into our mixer position. This is the perfect position for someone hoping to grow as a baker. The perfect candidate should plan to stick around for a minimum of 2 years, we are interested in candidates that view this as a career path. This is a full time position.
Position Details / Responsibilities:
- Shifts are 230am-1030am and 130am-930am depending on production volumes
- Weekend availability is a must
- Mix and hand-shape breads
- Misc. Prep
- Attention to detail is a must
- Basic understanding of bakers formulas and simple math functions
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Ability to work on your feet your whole shift
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs repeatedly
- Health insurance
- Automatic enrollment into 401k and profit sharing program
- Paid vacation
- Hourly position (starting pay will be based on previous experience)
To apply email Brian Evans at BrianEvans@ontheriseartisanbreads.com
Production Manager - Santa Ana, California
BREAD Artisan Bakery
Approaching a decade of producing and delivering premier artisan breads, our expanded retail presence requires us to think differently and creatively about the next phase of our operation. At BREAD, we’re keenly focused on the quality of our product and endeavor to provide the best experience no matter how our product gets to market. We’re seeking someone who has the same focus on detail, is passionate about bread, and wants to see consistent improvements in process and product. If that sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter to Jonnie@breadartisanbakery.com
Production Manager Overview
The Production Manager must be competent at building a strong team, have very high standards for artisanal bread, and be capable of the associated leadership tasks. Responsibilities include artisan bread production for commercial and retail customers, cleaning, leading a team, and record keeping.
You understand baker's math, production cycles, fermentation control, and know all aspects of bread production from mixing to baking in rack and deck ovens. You are consistently looking to improve processes and products. You thrive on growing your team’s knowledge and skills.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of similar management level experience in a “from scratch” bakery utilizing fermented doughs to produce artisan breads with no preservatives.
Position Details / Responsibilities
- Daily production of breads, rolls, laminated doughs, and savory items
- Supervise bakery production area and team
- Mix and shape breads
- Maintain a clean and organized production space
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Maintaining our high standard of quality (or improving it) for all baked items
- Sharing knowledge and training to ensure product quality/consistency
- Maintaining the production space and maximizing workflow efficiency
- Managing inventory
- All bakery team members participate in cleaning activities including weekly and monthly deep cleaning
- Previous baking experience in a professional environment (prefer 3+ years)
- A sense of urgency and a dedication to excellence
- Ability and desire to lead and develop a team
- Strong communication skills (bi-lingual Spanish a plus)
- Strong problem solver who can develop and implement efficient practices
- Health, dental, and vision insurance are available to full-time employees
- Paid sick time consistent with California requirements
Salary will be determined based on experience